Translate this page:
- parent area
- physical education
- reading for pleasure
- Safer Internet Day
- smiley reward
- St Luke's
- whole school
- Year 3
- Year 4
- Year 5
- Year 6
More of our blogs
- Archive (160)
- Computing @OxfordGrove (14)
- Fundraising (6)
- Keeping Safe (14)
- Latest Blogs (72)
- Let's celebrate (46)
- Music @OxfordGrove (15)
- Our Community (10)
- Parent News (34)
- Reading (10)
- School Clubs (5)
- School competitons (7)
- School Trips (4)
- School Visitors (5)
- Sports @OxfordGrove (15)
- Writing (2)
- Weird news: Strange, Stranger, Strangest stories of the weekRicky brings you this week's selection of weird and wonderful stories, including...
- Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in movies to changeCharity Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in films to change.
- 320,000 people are homeless in Britain, say ShelterAs the number of homeless people in Britain is increases, Newsround investigates the issue of homelessness.
- Premier League to use VAR from next seasonVAR (video assistant referee) technology has been debated for a long time in football. Now, it's set to be used in the Premier League from next season.
- UK heatwave: Why should we stay out of the sun?It's so hot we're being told to stay out of the sun, and not to go out in the strongest sunshine hours - 11am to 3pm.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worried about?
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to do something about it.
- Can you guess which singer this is?Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- Weird news: Strange, Stranger, Strangest stories of the week
Category Archives: Let’s celebrate
Did you spot us in the Bolton News this week? We were very proud to share the news of our most recent award with our local community. In April, we became the first school in the UK to achieve the … Continue reading
The whole school has had an amazing time at our Spring 2 smiley reward! The Military Boot Camp returned and we enjoyed the huge inflatable obstacle course outside on the astro turf! We also took part in team building games. … Continue reading
This weekend, one of our Year 5 children donated her hair to the Little Princess Trust. The Little Princess Trust provides real hair wigs free of charge to children and young adults up to the age of 24, who have sadly … Continue reading
What an amazing afternoon we have had at Oxford Grove! We have enjoyed a performance of ‘Beauty and the Beast’ as our annual pantomime. Well done to all of the children who earned enough smileys to fill the back of … Continue reading
We’d like to share with you our fantastic Ofsted report. Thanks to all the pupils, staff, parents and governors who contributed to such a glowing report. Please click here to read our new September 2017 report
Hello Nadine, I would like to offer my congratulations to you, your leadership team and your staff, as well as to the pupils and governors at Oxford Grove, on your brilliant Ofsted Inspection Report. It is really encouraging to see … Continue reading
Here are the full photos and videos from our performances at the Alfa Music Festival last night. Well done to all those who took part, who have been practising for so long – you were amazing! Children of the World … Continue reading
Tonight, our choir have enjoyed taking part in the Alfa Music Festival! Well done to all those involved – more pictures and videos to follow soon!
Today, we have been reassessed for the Investors in Pupils award. We first achieved this award in 2010, and we are delighted to have been reaccredited with this important award today. Well done to all our staff and children! Investors in Pupils … Continue reading