More of our blogs
- Archive (202)
- Computing @OxfordGrove (14)
- export (1)
- Fundraising (6)
- Keeping Safe (14)
- Latest Blogs (104)
- Let's celebrate (46)
- Music @OxfordGrove (15)
- Our Community (10)
- Parent News (34)
- Reading (10)
- School Clubs (5)
- School competitons (7)
- School Trips (4)
- School Visitors (5)
- Sports @OxfordGrove (15)
- Writing (2)
- Strange news: Check out some of the week's more unusual storiesMartin has this week's collection of the weird and wonderful, including a DJ astronaut, a watermelon eating competition and some amazing butter carvings!
- VAR: Premier League to set 'high bar' for video ref decisions following Women's World CupVAR (video assistant referee) technology is always a hot topic in football. Following controversy over some VAR decisions at the Women's World Cup the tech is about to be used in the Premier League for the first time.
- Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in movies to changeCharity Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in films to change.
- 320,000 people are homeless in Britain, say ShelterAs the number of homeless people in Britain is increases, Newsround investigates the issue of homelessness.
- UK heatwave: Why should we stay out of the sun?It's so hot we're being told to stay out of the sun, and not to go out in the strongest sunshine hours - 11am to 3pm.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worried about?
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to do something about it.
- Can you guess which singer this is?Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- Strange news: Check out some of the week's more unusual stories
Tag Archives: KS2
Please click the picture to visit the Community Links page on our school website for information about play sessions and free meals in North Bolton over the Summer holidays.
Next week is Road Safety Week! Help us to keep the roads a safe place for us to be! Thank you from Oxford Grove School Council
We have had a fabulous morning showing all our amazing work in reading! Over 90 parents and carers attended our ‘How We Teach Reading’ workshop this morning. Thank you so much to all who could attend, and thank you for … Continue reading
Dear Parents Following parent feedback to our road safety survey, we are aiming to improve our safety outside school at the beginning and end of the school day. To help with this we are holding a poster competition to design … Continue reading
Dear Parents and Carers In our School Council meetings this year the issue of children’s safety on the roads outside of school at the beginning and end of the school day has been brought up a number of times by … Continue reading
Alfa Raising Music Festival Monday 1st July at 7:00pm Bridgewater Hall, Manchester If you would like to buy tickets for the Alfa Raising Music Festival, where our School Choir will be performing, please click the picture below to go to … Continue reading
Last month, many of our children entered the Bolton Schools ICT Online Safety Competition. Schools from all over Bolton entered, but there could only be three winners – and Oxford Grove was one of them! Well done to Saarah in … Continue reading
We are so proud of all of our amazing Times Tables winners! Well done to everybody who worked so hard on learning and improving their times tables facts to enter this competition. Keep practising hard – you’re always a winner … Continue reading
We have been very lucky to receive a letter from the Secretary of State for Education and Minister of State for School Standards. This is to congratulate us on our amazing progress, which puts us in the top 3% of … Continue reading