Following parent feedback to our road safety survey, we are aiming to improve our safety outside school at the beginning and end of the school day. To help with this we are holding a poster competition to design safety posters to be put up at the front of school around our drop-off zone.
We hope to achieve two things:
1. All drivers must not park in places that may endanger us!
2. All drivers drive as carefully as they can to ensure our safety.
We appreciate that the vast majority of parents do this already but unfortunately a small minority do not.
We hope that putting up poster reminders will lead to improvements to both driving and parking and help prevent a catastrophic accident.
All pupils are welcome to enter this competition and design a poster which will get our important message across the school community.
THERE WILL BE PRIZES!!
If your child wishes to enter, these are the competition rules:
1. Please use a piece of A4 paper.
2. You may use paint, coloured pencils or felt tip pens.
3. Make your design simple but effective with eye-catching, vibrant colours and give it sharp and distinctive lettering.
4. Include a safety strapline ~ there are some suggestions here that you can use:
Please drive like there’s a baby on board! Please drive like your gran’s in the car!
Please drive like every child is yours! Please drive like you’re taking your test!
Please park responsibly. Please drive with care.
Please slow down! Please do not park on the zig-zag lines!
Please respect our school. Caution! Children!
Please THINK before you park. Stopping here puts a child in danger.
Thank you for not parking here.
5. Remember to add your name and your class on your design.
6. All entries must be in school by Friday 14th June.
We look forward to seeing your entries. Good luck!
Shan & Daniel, on behalf of the School Council