More of our blogs
- Archive (160)
- Computing @OxfordGrove (14)
- export (1)
- Fundraising (6)
- Keeping Safe (14)
- Latest Blogs (104)
- Let's celebrate (46)
- Music @OxfordGrove (15)
- Our Community (10)
- Parent News (34)
- Reading (10)
- School Clubs (5)
- School competitons (7)
- School Trips (4)
- School Visitors (5)
- Sports @OxfordGrove (15)
- Writing (2)
- Strange news: Check out some of the week's more unusual storiesDolphins racing, water spouts and giant Jellyfish
- VAR: Premier League to set 'high bar' for video ref decisions following Women's World CupVAR (video assistant referee) technology is always a hot topic in football. Following controversy over some VAR decisions at the Women's World Cup the tech is about to be used in the Premier League for the first time.
- Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in movies to changeCharity Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in films to change.
- 320,000 people are homeless in Britain, say ShelterAs the number of homeless people in Britain is increases, Newsround investigates the issue of homelessness.
- UK heatwave: Why should we stay out of the sun?It's so hot we're being told to stay out of the sun, and not to go out in the strongest sunshine hours - 11am to 3pm.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worried about?
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to do something about it.
- Can you guess which singer this is?Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- Strange news: Check out some of the week's more unusual stories
Category Archives: Archive
Well done to our amazing Attendance superstars! Every child in the video got the chance to choose who they would like to dance with (or on their own) and where they would like to film.
On Tuesday we held our Summer fair. Year 1 decided to set up a photo booth so people could have fun dressing up and having their photo’s taken. Here are the photos we took. Everyone looks great!
Today we have enjoyed our fabulous music assembly! Year 5 showed off their amazing drumming and brass skills that they have been working on all year. We we were delighted to enjoy a performance from our Halliwell Hooters. These children … Continue reading
Did you spot us in the Bolton News this week? We were very proud to share the news of our most recent award with our local community. In April, we became the first school in the UK to achieve the … Continue reading
Congratulations to the children who have been selected for the new Eco-Committee! Another big well done to all those children who put in an application (we had a lot!). The most relevant and detailed applications have been chosen. The Eco-Committee … Continue reading
What a wonderful morning watching Bolton School Brass Band. They were fantastic! Year 6 you looked like you really enjoyed it. Which song did you like best? I bet you could tell which was my favourite.
Well done to our amazing Upper Key Stage 2 Cricket team, who won their cricket match against Gaskell Primary School! An extra special well done to the children who were given awards for Bowler of the Match and Batter of … Continue reading
On Friday, our Year 4 and 5 football team played a match against St Joseph’s Primary School! Both teams did an amazing job and worked really well as a team! Congratulations to Oxford Grove for winning the match! We were … Continue reading