More of our blogs
- Archive (202)
- Computing @OxfordGrove (14)
- export (1)
- Fundraising (6)
- Keeping Safe (14)
- Latest Blogs (104)
- Let's celebrate (46)
- Music @OxfordGrove (15)
- Our Community (10)
- Parent News (34)
- Reading (10)
- School Clubs (5)
- School competitons (7)
- School Trips (4)
- School Visitors (5)
- Sports @OxfordGrove (15)
- Writing (2)
- Strange news: Check out some of the week's more unusual storiesMartin has this week's collection of the weird and wonderful, including a DJ astronaut, a watermelon eating competition and some amazing butter carvings!
- VAR: Premier League to set 'high bar' for video ref decisions following Women's World CupVAR (video assistant referee) technology is always a hot topic in football. Following controversy over some VAR decisions at the Women's World Cup the tech is about to be used in the Premier League for the first time.
- Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in movies to changeCharity Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in films to change.
- 320,000 people are homeless in Britain, say ShelterAs the number of homeless people in Britain is increases, Newsround investigates the issue of homelessness.
- UK heatwave: Why should we stay out of the sun?It's so hot we're being told to stay out of the sun, and not to go out in the strongest sunshine hours - 11am to 3pm.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worried about?
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to do something about it.
- Can you guess which singer this is?Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- Strange news: Check out some of the week's more unusual stories
Category Archives: Sports @OxfordGrove
Well done to our Year 5/6 Footballers who won 5-0 on their first football match on the year. Even the rain didn’t stop us from playing 🙂 Miss Stockton !
This week our School Sports Crew had their first meeting of the year. They discussed what clubs and competitions we needed to put in place this year based on feedback from children across the school. We had lots of … Continue reading
Well done to our amazing Upper Key Stage 2 Cricket team, who won their cricket match against Gaskell Primary School! An extra special well done to the children who were given awards for Bowler of the Match and Batter of … Continue reading
On Friday, our Year 4 and 5 football team played a match against St Joseph’s Primary School! Both teams did an amazing job and worked really well as a team! Congratulations to Oxford Grove for winning the match! We were … Continue reading
Every Thursday this term a group of Key Stage 1 children have taken part in Multi Skills Club. During the club the children have played fun games, practised their throwing and catching skills, danced and used the gymnastic apparatus. The … Continue reading
This term 2B have been showing off their silky skills, perfect passing and sizzling shooting after school every Wednesday. The children have played fun games with a football at their feet as well as taking part in mini tournaments at … Continue reading
Today, Key Stage 2 experienced an assembly about Homophobia and how this is linked to football. This assembly used football as a means to communicate messages of inclusion to our children. Upper Key Stage 2 then took part in some workshops. … Continue reading
We are proud to announce that Oxford Grove has been awarded the School Games Mark Gold Award for the second year running! This award is recognition of all our work on PE and fitness, sports and games within school and … Continue reading
On Friday 30th September, our Upper Key stage 2 School Sports Crew gave an assembly to the whole school. They wore our Oxford Grove P.E kits with pride and their badges so children knew exactly who they were throughout the … Continue reading