More of our blogs
- Archive (160)
- Computing @OxfordGrove (14)
- export (1)
- Fundraising (6)
- Keeping Safe (14)
- Latest Blogs (104)
- Let's celebrate (46)
- Music @OxfordGrove (15)
- Our Community (10)
- Parent News (34)
- Reading (10)
- School Clubs (5)
- School competitons (7)
- School Trips (4)
- School Visitors (5)
- Sports @OxfordGrove (15)
- Writing (2)
- Strange news: Check out some of the week's more unusual storiesDolphins racing, water spouts and giant Jellyfish
- VAR: Premier League to set 'high bar' for video ref decisions following Women's World CupVAR (video assistant referee) technology is always a hot topic in football. Following controversy over some VAR decisions at the Women's World Cup the tech is about to be used in the Premier League for the first time.
- Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in movies to changeCharity Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in films to change.
- 320,000 people are homeless in Britain, say ShelterAs the number of homeless people in Britain is increases, Newsround investigates the issue of homelessness.
- UK heatwave: Why should we stay out of the sun?It's so hot we're being told to stay out of the sun, and not to go out in the strongest sunshine hours - 11am to 3pm.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worried about?
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to do something about it.
- Can you guess which singer this is?Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- Strange news: Check out some of the week's more unusual stories
Tag Archives: computing
Last month, many of our children entered the Bolton Schools ICT Online Safety Competition. Schools from all over Bolton entered, but there could only be three winners – and Oxford Grove was one of them! Well done to Saarah in … Continue reading
Today and all this week we are celebrating Safer Internet Day! Each of our classes, from Nursery to Year 6, are taking part in lessons to do with keeping safe online and connecting respectfully. Next week, our eCadets are going … Continue reading
We are very happy to have achieved the ICT Mark! We are very proud of the due recognition and external validation of our continually improving work in the use of Computing and ICT.
Today, we have hosted our Safer Internet Day 2016 parent workshop! We discussed the different risks that could be posed to children, looking at content, conduct, contact and commercialism. We also looked at the CEOP button as a way of … Continue reading
This week, Oxford Grove are celebrating Safer Internet Week, in conjunction with Safer Internet Day, a global celebration which aims to promote the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children and young people. In 2016, the theme … Continue reading
Mrs Thompson’s Year 4 coding club has been working really hard this half term to design their very own eSafety Games in 2Code! Can you bust the computer viruses? Click here to play some of these amazing games! Please remember … Continue reading