More of our blogs
- Archive (202)
- Computing @OxfordGrove (14)
- export (1)
- Fundraising (6)
- Keeping Safe (14)
- Latest Blogs (104)
- Let's celebrate (46)
- Music @OxfordGrove (15)
- Our Community (10)
- Parent News (34)
- Reading (10)
- School Clubs (5)
- School competitons (7)
- School Trips (4)
- School Visitors (5)
- Sports @OxfordGrove (15)
- Writing (2)
- Strange news: Check out some of the week's more unusual storiesMartin has this week's collection of the weird and wonderful, including a DJ astronaut, a watermelon eating competition and some amazing butter carvings!
- VAR: Premier League to set 'high bar' for video ref decisions following Women's World CupVAR (video assistant referee) technology is always a hot topic in football. Following controversy over some VAR decisions at the Women's World Cup the tech is about to be used in the Premier League for the first time.
- Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in movies to changeCharity Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in films to change.
- 320,000 people are homeless in Britain, say ShelterAs the number of homeless people in Britain is increases, Newsround investigates the issue of homelessness.
- UK heatwave: Why should we stay out of the sun?It's so hot we're being told to stay out of the sun, and not to go out in the strongest sunshine hours - 11am to 3pm.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worried about?
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to do something about it.
- Can you guess which singer this is?Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- Strange news: Check out some of the week's more unusual stories
Category Archives: Latest Blogs
Congratulations to the winners of our road safety poster competition who have received the prizes that they have chosen from Argos.
Please click the picture to visit the Community Links page on our school website for information about play sessions and free meals in North Bolton over the Summer holidays.
Next week is Road Safety Week! Help us to keep the roads a safe place for us to be! Thank you from Oxford Grove School Council
This week, Oxford Grove choir took part in a fabulous music festival at Bridgewater Hall! They performed a medley of songs in front of a large audience and their parents. Everyone at Oxford Grove is extremely proud of everyone involved … Continue reading
We had lots of fun after school today hosting our annual Summer Fair. Each class and member of staff had their own stall or activity including Miss Harvey’s pizza, Year 6’s photo booth, Miss Lowe’s tombola, Year 2’s puppets, Year … Continue reading
Well we have finally come to the end of our Readathon! We have all been very busy across school to read lots of books to raise money for the Read for Good charity. As a school we raised a HUGE … Continue reading
We have had a fabulous morning showing all our amazing work in reading! Over 90 parents and carers attended our ‘How We Teach Reading’ workshop this morning. Thank you so much to all who could attend, and thank you for … Continue reading
Thank you to the parents who took part in our transition survey! Here are the results: We know that transition can be daunting for some children, so we are continuing to work hard to ensure all children feel confident and … Continue reading