More of our blogs
- Archive (202)
- Computing @OxfordGrove (14)
- export (1)
- Fundraising (6)
- Keeping Safe (14)
- Latest Blogs (104)
- Let's celebrate (46)
- Music @OxfordGrove (15)
- Our Community (10)
- Parent News (34)
- Reading (10)
- School Clubs (5)
- School competitons (7)
- School Trips (4)
- School Visitors (5)
- Sports @OxfordGrove (15)
- Writing (2)
- Strange news: Check out some of the week's more unusual storiesMartin has this week's collection of the weird and wonderful, including a DJ astronaut, a watermelon eating competition and some amazing butter carvings!
- VAR: Premier League to set 'high bar' for video ref decisions following Women's World CupVAR (video assistant referee) technology is always a hot topic in football. Following controversy over some VAR decisions at the Women's World Cup the tech is about to be used in the Premier League for the first time.
- Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in movies to changeCharity Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in films to change.
- 320,000 people are homeless in Britain, say ShelterAs the number of homeless people in Britain is increases, Newsround investigates the issue of homelessness.
- UK heatwave: Why should we stay out of the sun?It's so hot we're being told to stay out of the sun, and not to go out in the strongest sunshine hours - 11am to 3pm.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worried about?
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to do something about it.
- Can you guess which singer this is?Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- Strange news: Check out some of the week's more unusual stories
Category Archives: Fundraising
Every year in the Autumn term, our School Council chooses charities to support. These charities are chosen by the children, who have to give presentations to explain why their chosen charity should be supported. The Council then decide from this … Continue reading
On Monday we are starting to raise money for Readathon to provide books and authors for children who are in hospital. You need to read as many books as you can, whenever you can, wherever you can and ask your … Continue reading
Today has been our reading for pleasure fundraising day! All of the children have had the opportunity to come to school in their pyjamas and bring their teddy bears and favourite books for a ‘bedtime stories’ theme. Each class has been … Continue reading
At Oxford Grove, we are immensely proud of all our children with their wide range of talents, interests and abilities. Outside of school, Freya in Year 4S takes part in a cheerleading club run by Bolton Gymnastics Club. Her team … Continue reading
Well done, Oxford Grove! You have raised over a whopping total of £1913.50 for our School Council charities for your Spellathon! Amazing effort! Thank you again to all parents and family friends who sponsored the children. Today, the children who got … Continue reading