Translate this page:
- parent area
- physical education
- reading for pleasure
- Safer Internet Day
- smiley reward
- St Luke's
- whole school
- Year 3
- Year 4
- Year 5
- Year 6
More of our blogs
- Archive (160)
- Computing @OxfordGrove (14)
- Fundraising (6)
- Keeping Safe (14)
- Latest Blogs (72)
- Let's celebrate (46)
- Music @OxfordGrove (15)
- Our Community (10)
- Parent News (34)
- Reading (10)
- School Clubs (5)
- School competitons (7)
- School Trips (4)
- School Visitors (5)
- Sports @OxfordGrove (15)
- Writing (2)
- Weird news: Strange, Stranger, Strangest stories of the weekRicky brings you this week's selection of weird and wonderful stories, including...
- Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in movies to changeCharity Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in films to change.
- 320,000 people are homeless in Britain, say ShelterAs the number of homeless people in Britain is increases, Newsround investigates the issue of homelessness.
- Premier League to use VAR from next seasonVAR (video assistant referee) technology has been debated for a long time in football. Now, it's set to be used in the Premier League from next season.
- UK heatwave: Why should we stay out of the sun?It's so hot we're being told to stay out of the sun, and not to go out in the strongest sunshine hours - 11am to 3pm.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worried about?
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to do something about it.
- Can you guess which singer this is?Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- Weird news: Strange, Stranger, Strangest stories of the week
Category Archives: Reading
On Monday we are starting to raise money for Readathon to provide books and authors for children who are in hospital. You need to read as many books as you can, whenever you can, wherever you can and ask your … Continue reading
We are pleased to announce that Oxford Grove has achieved Gold standard in the Liverpool Reading Quality Mark! Well done to all our staff who work so hard to promote reading for pleasure. Some quotes from our Liverpool Reading Quality Mark Assessment … Continue reading
Thank you for all the brilliant competition entries that I received to tell the school what you love about reading. The winners were: 1B – Michael 1F – Caitlyn 2L – Tia 2B – Eshal and Amelia 3K – Grace … Continue reading
Today we have enjoyed lots of activities about books! Our teachers have shared their favourite books with us – we all really enjoyed hearing about why they liked their books! Emma from Bolton Central Library came to visit Years 2 … Continue reading
Today has been our reading for pleasure fundraising day! All of the children have had the opportunity to come to school in their pyjamas and bring their teddy bears and favourite books for a ‘bedtime stories’ theme. Each class has been … Continue reading
Thank you to everyone who entered the Wold Book Day design a book cover competiton. There were some fabulous entries and it was very hard to choose the winners! The winners were: Karys (1B) Tamana (2B) Ashleigh (2R) Jack (3M) … Continue reading