Maths Mentoring by Year 6

Our Year 6 children have been working very hard with Mr Kelly this week on being Maths Mentors. They have been trained to work with children in other classes and support them in their maths work.

Have a look at some of their hard work:

This entry was posted in Archive. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Maths Mentoring by Year 6

1. Bindi-Joan says:

When I get stuck Alicia helps me.

2. Maths Mentoring is really good because you help children who don’t understand the lesson. My maths mentee is Bindi. She is pretty shy but getting used to me and if she is stuck I help her. She has been getting a sticker everyday from me. 🙂 🙂 🙂

3. 0272008ab says:

When Liaba gets stuck I help her the best I can ! 🙂

4. Jessica Hunter says:

I work with Andrea in Year 1 Miss Wright’s class. She is funny and clever. I help her everyday. Thank you Mr Kelly.

5. 0272008bl says:

Mentoring is fun and exciting. Our mentees are getting cleverer with the help of Year 6.

6. 0272008lm says:

My maths buddy is Chloe and she is in the Y5 maths group. She gets stickers from me and she is getting much cleverer than she was before.

by Luke Y6

7. 0272008ch says:

I mentor Jack in Miss Stockton’s maths group. He is good at additions.

8. 0272008cb says:

Robert is making really good progress and I am very proud of him. Mrs Bevin is too.

9. Umara says:

Rumeesa is nice and friendly and helpful and funny as well she is the best ever.

10. Mr. Kelly says:

I am so proud of ALL the Year 6 mentors. You have taken on your new responsibilities superbly and are a credit to your teachers, Miss Harvey and Mrs. Day. It has been a pleasure to work with you all and see how knowledgeable and mature you have all become. An impeccable and outstanding example to your younger peers! Well done indeed!

11. Miss. Gregory says:

I am very proud of you too Year 6. It is wonderful that you are passing on some of the skills you have learnt to other children and are enjoying working with them too! 🙂

12. Umara says:

I really miss rumeesas she was the best mentor ever