More of our blogs
- Archive (160)
- Computing @OxfordGrove (14)
- export (1)
- Fundraising (6)
- Keeping Safe (14)
- Latest Blogs (104)
- Let's celebrate (46)
- Music @OxfordGrove (15)
- Our Community (10)
- Parent News (34)
- Reading (10)
- School Clubs (5)
- School competitons (7)
- School Trips (4)
- School Visitors (5)
- Sports @OxfordGrove (15)
- Writing (2)
- Strange news: Check out some of the week's more unusual storiesDolphins racing, water spouts and giant Jellyfish
- VAR: Premier League to set 'high bar' for video ref decisions following Women's World CupVAR (video assistant referee) technology is always a hot topic in football. Following controversy over some VAR decisions at the Women's World Cup the tech is about to be used in the Premier League for the first time.
- Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in movies to changeCharity Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in films to change.
- 320,000 people are homeless in Britain, say ShelterAs the number of homeless people in Britain is increases, Newsround investigates the issue of homelessness.
- UK heatwave: Why should we stay out of the sun?It's so hot we're being told to stay out of the sun, and not to go out in the strongest sunshine hours - 11am to 3pm.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worried about?
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to do something about it.
- Can you guess which singer this is?Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- Strange news: Check out some of the week's more unusual stories
Author Archives: Miss Stockton
This afternoon, we had a special visitor from our local library. She read us some stories using fantastic expression ! We found out about all the different kind of books we could access at the library 🙂 Have you ever … Continue reading
This morning we had a fantastic Maths morning and parents were invited into our school to see how we learn maths and to help them support their children at home. Mrs Day firstly met with all the parents to model … Continue reading
Today, in our assembly,we were given some important messages… 1. Some children within the school were awarded their gold coins for the ‘Good Friend’ award.These children have been given the seat covers constantly within their classroom to show they have … Continue reading
Today Miss Nelson visited our school . We had a special assembly about football against homophobia- which means using the word gay to mean something bad. We talked about how some footballers experienced this type of bullying from the crowd. … Continue reading
On Wednesday we had a whole school assembly to celebrate Harvest. Mrs Bain told us why Harvest was important to Christians and how they celebrated it. How do churches celebrate Harvest today? Today, most U.K. churches have a Harvest Thanksgiving … Continue reading
Well done to all children who took part in the football match ! You worked brilliantly as a team and won 3-0! Amazing! Thank you to all teachers and parents that were able to come and support, especially in the … Continue reading
On Monday our School Sports Crew Leaders presented a ‘ Healthy Living’ assembly to Year 1-6. They explained why it was important to stay fit and healthy and ways they could achieve this. They asked all the children to take … Continue reading
Well done to our Year 5/6 Footballers who won 5-0 on their first football match on the year. Even the rain didn’t stop us from playing 🙂 Miss Stockton !
This week our School Sports Crew had their first meeting of the year. They discussed what clubs and competitions we needed to put in place this year based on feedback from children across the school. We had lots of … Continue reading