History Competition!

This week the OG historians at Oxford Grove have launched a competition! This competition is about famous, inspirational, people from the past. In October it is black history month and we learn all about why black people have not always been treated fairly due to the colour of their skin. This competition is designed for you to create your own research project where you need to research a person of your choice and either create a PowerPoint, design a poster, write a biography, create a dramatic scene, write a song about your chosen person. It would be fabulous if you could link your chosen person to your culture!

The deadline is the 30th of October and you could be in for a chance to win £50 to spend at Argos! Good luck 🙂

This entry was posted in Latest Blogs. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to History Competition!

1. Aleksandr says:

I’ve decided I will make a poster all about Martin Luther King Jr!

2. Eshal says:

I think none in the world should be treated unfairly because of where they are from or what colour their skin is. Everyone is different but unique so that’s why we should not be mean because that is called racism where you you accuse someone about there colour or their culture. I can’t wait to make my poster on this topic and win £50 Argos voucher!

3. 0272014ai says:

I am looking forward to making a piece of writing for history. I am working on doing one at home. It it nice that it is called ‘black history month’ because in the past people with a darker skin tone were treated horribly and it is amazing that most of that has changed over the years. Everyone deserves rights.

4. Alena says:

I’m very excited to make my project and I, very excited to see what other people have come up with. Good luck!

5. Isabelle says:

Good luck everyone

6. 0272014nh says:

I’m going to draw a picture of Allen Iverson and I’m going to write a biography on him. Good luck everyone who is entering

7. 0272014zg says:

I’ve decided that I’m going to be drawing Martin Luther king jr!

8. 0272014wh says:

I really liked the ideas that we could do for the project. I really love history and I am really excited to see what are the others going to do for the project . I really like to talk about black history month.

9. 0272014sn says:

I really hope I win the prize

10. 0272014zg says:

good luck to everyone who enters the competiton!

11. 0272014aa1 says:

I am so excited for this history competition because I am writing about Martin Luther King and I have done a picture with facts all around him.