The Faraway Tree

This week in our KS2 bubble, we have been reading ‘The Magic Faraway Tree’.

In this book there is a group of children who have discovered a tree in the Enchanted Forest which is magical! On top of the tree and through the clouds, there is always a different land to be discovered. 

In the afternoon, the children created their own land that they thought would be at the top of the Faraway tree if they climbed it. We had a lot of different ideas such as Volcano land and Ice Land! 

What land might you discover on top of the Faraway tree? Could you think of any adventures you could get up to discovering your land?

This entry was posted in Latest Blogs. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to The Faraway Tree

1. 0272013hs says:

These pictures look amazing well done I might draw something like this at home

2. 0272014ma says:

Wow!!! That book sounds really good! And I think kS2 enjoyed reading! And they came up with great names like Volcano land and ice land!!! Hope you all are staying safe x!

3. 0272013ap says:

This book looks in treating and I would like to read it. I have decided to go home and read it online. If you find this book amazing what if you write your own mythical and awesome story.

4. 0272013gp says:

I love this book so much it’s so magical! If I could think or go to a land in the tree I would go and have an adventure at a dog world. It would be so cute!! These drawings of the tree are so good . I didn’t know all had great imaginations. I love the idea of ice cream land. YUMMY! Hope everyone is well and ready for the summer holidays!! Stay safe. X

5. Eesa says:

I think it might be a island

By Eesa

6. Alena says:

These drawings look fabulous! Keep up the brilliant work!

7. Ewelina Saidi says:

Lovely pictures:-)) well done everyone

8. 0272015ad says:

I hope you enjoyed reading ‘The Faraway Tree’. The drawings look so realistic!!!

9. 0272015ad says:

I have got one of the books at home I might read it again af home

10. Hina says:

These drawings look amazing I think all of your worlds and lands would be amazing to explore in!

11. Grace says:

I really like Enid Blyton books, I’ve not read this one yet though. My Mum said she read it when she was little.

12. Danar says:

That story sounds amazing im going to read it.

13. 0272014bm says:

This sounds like a very interesting book, I would love to read it. If I was go to the top of the faraway tree I would like there to be a land full of parrots, ducks and toucans 🙂

14. Ewelina Saidi says:

Reading is good for us and help us in life

15. Ewelina Saidi says:

I will make sure to buy this book and read it to my children at night.

16. 0272014bm says:

If I went up a tree a would go to a land a chocolate and sweets and lakes full of lemonade. I would really like to read this fantastic book.

17. Zuzanna S says:

The pictures are the best, pictures I’ve ever seen in my life. The books seems very magical and magnificent and it reminds me of childhood.