Mini Van Gogh’s in the making!!!

Van Gogh’s paintings of Sunflowers are among his most famous. He did them in Arles, in the south of France, in 1888 and 1889. Vincent painted a total of five large canvases with sunflowers in a vase, with three shades of yellow ‘and nothing else’. In this way, he demonstrated that it was possible to create an image with numerous variations of a single colour.

The sunflower paintings had a special significance for Van Gogh as he wrote that they communicated ‘gratitude’.

We spoke about the different tools that we use today and what they might have used in the past. We used cotton buds and paint to help us recreate the famous painting. What do you think?

This entry was posted in Latest Blogs. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Mini Van Gogh’s in the making!!!

1. Eesa says:

I think Cotten buds and paints is a great idea to help us to recreate the past and from this we get to see the way of how they used to create paints in the past. 🙂

By Eesa

2. Sajid says:

Wow, I love that you have you ever variety of colours! I think you have done a great job of using paint and cotton buds to design and colour you’re beautiful flowers Keep it up! I am looking forward to be seeing some of your other artworks! STAY HOME! STAY SAFE!

From Sumayya 3C

3. Hina says:

These paintings look great! I love your sunflowers they look beautiful. I really like the texture you added with the cotton buds

4. 0272014ma says:

Your paintings are amazing! You guys did an amazing job, you could be real artists! Keep up the hard work and stay safe!!!

5. 0272014wh says:

I think everyone had a lovely day spending their time with some lovely tools!!
    Everybody did a very good job

6. 0272013ap says:

This is amazing. The idea with Cotten buds is cool I think I should do my own picture with Cotten buds. I also like the colours you guys have used. You work so hard to do these.

7. 0272013gp says:

These look so good but most importantly it looks like your all having so much fun. I love how they all have different coulees and are so unique. I think Van Gogh would be so proud of these pain twins knowing he inspired them. Cotton buds was a great idea. It really added texture to the painting. Van Goth is amazing and he is very inspirational to some people bc of the way he made art with little supplies. It shows the art is not about what u have and the paint u have it’s about using different shades and most importantly having fun. There’s no point in doing amazing art if u don’t enjoy it. Hope u are all okay. Stay safe and get ready for the summer holidays! Only a week to go!!! xxx

8. Ewelina Saidi says:

Wonderful painting:-)) this sunflowers look so lovely

9. 0272015ad says:

The colours all go together and I like how you used the buds.

10. 0272014bm says:

These are fabulous paintings well done, it looks like you all had a good time. I am growing my own sunflowers at home and the tallest one is now over 2.4m and has just started to flower.

11. Alena says:

Well done guys! I can see you’ve put a lot of effort into those sunflowers! I love the bright colours you’ve used! I think it’s very smart that you have used cotton buds! Keep up the fantastic work you guys!

12. Alfie says:

I like these pictures. My favourite colour is yellow and My mum love sunflowers.

13. Grace says:

These sunflower pictures are beautiful. They are my Mums favourite flowers. Mine too.

14. Danar says:

They look beautiful

15. Husnain-Ali says:

The sunflower pictures look phenomenal

16. Husnain-Ali says:

The sunflowers look so real

17. Husnain-Ali says:

I love the effects on the vase looks like tiles

18. Ewelina Saidi says:

Wow these painting are so awesome. I won’t be surprised if these children will become better that Leonardo Da Vinci when they grow up;)

19. Zuzanna S says:

The sunflowers are beautiful and the children worked the best as they could.

20. 0272014wh says:

Those pictures look really good well done!!