Throughout the year, we have learnt a lot about staying safe online and now is when we need to be remembering everything we have learnt so that when we access the internet to do our work or play games, we are SAFE!
Here is a great Newsround clip to watch all about staying safe online – https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/44074704 .
I have listed 10 top tips for staying safe online:
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4) Never give out your passwords
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
Can you create an online safety poster? Do you have any more tips?