WOW art!

In Year 6 this half term, we have been working hard to replicate and re-create sketches and Art work carried out by Henri Rousseau. It has been a long process but we are very proud of our final pieces and they have been displayed in our main corridor to celebrate our hard work and achievements.

What did you enjoy about this Art Topic?

15 Responses to WOW art!

1. Reece says:

It was fun drawing the picture bit it was hard to spread it around.

2. 0272013fr says:

I have enjoyed making one of these leaves

3. 0272013mm says:

I really enjoyed art because we got to use oil pastels which blend fabulously .I think I was really good .It was very relaxing my favourite part is when we got to make our drawings 3D by add the same drawing over it the drawing in the end looked very detailed

4. 0272013za says:

I enjoyed doing the oil pastels and blending them in

5. Fatima says:

I LOVED this art topic mostly because of how fun and relaxing blending all the colours together and making it look pretty!

6. Daniel says:

I really enjoyed doing this art with oil pastels and drawing the rainforests because they are very colourful and bright

7. 0272013zg says:

It was real hard work but at the same time, it was FUN. I think my drawing was also good but it could have been better. It was the BEST art lesson I’ve ever done, and the longest too! You couldn’t have any better art to do like the one we did back down.

8. 0272013fr says:

I enjoyed doing oil pastels and blending them in. It has improved me a lot

9. Hina says:

I really enjoyed this art topic from small, intricate detail to blending out large spaces I loved it all

10. 0272013fd says:

I LOVED this art lesson. It was the best lesson but the longest lesson. I loved the oil pastels when they blended; it made my art piece look great! I would have to say, Henri Rosseau is -by far- the best topic I have done in the whole school. I hope the next topic will be just as amazing!

11. Alizah says:

I find art inspiring and a way of expressing your feeling and emotions. Art is the best way of keeping calm in my opinion. I love art as it may be hard but at least we all tried our best.

12. Husna says:

Even though it was a bit tricky, drawing the plants was my favourite part. My painting was probably the best piece of art I’ve ever done in my whole life!

13. Mischa says:

I enjoyed creating the backgrounds with all the leaves and colours for trees. I found the animals hard to sketch because I wanted to get detail onto the animals as much as I could.

14. Sukayna says:

I love learning about the rainforest I like the way that they joined topic and art together which made it extra fun because we learnt about the rainforest then we also drew the different grounds of a rainforest which was really interesting and it also unleashed My inner art skills.

15. Sukayna says:

If I could change anything about the lesson that we did in then I will change the items that were used because I don’t like the feeling of oil pastels I’d rather use tissue to blend them in.