Science in Year 6

In Year 6, we have been learning all about light! We have learnt which materials reflect light the best and how light travels. We have been applying this knowledge to an investigation where we made periscopes! Following this we have written our own detailed set of instructions on how to make a periscope!

What can you remember from our topic?

Can you tell me what the key words: opaque, translucent and transparent mean?

6 Responses to Science in Year 6

1. Husna says:

Transparent objects are the objects that light can pass through easily. Translucent objects are the objects that light can pass through partially. Opaque objects are the objects that light can’t pass through.

2. 0272013mm says:

I really enjoyed making the periscope because Miss More chose the best one to win ten smiles and I won first place and we got to take the periscope home and my brother still has one from two years ago .Would you like to make a periscope ?You might get to do it in year 6

3. 0272013fd says:

I have enjoyed science. I enjoyed making the periscope and coloring them. I remember showing my dad and he had no clue what it was. Congratulations to Mena who won first place for the best periscope!! I still use my periscope today!!

4. Husna says:

I loved learning about light in Year 6!!

5. Alizah says:

I loved learning about light and I loved learning about the light sources. Making the periscope was the best thing and I have still got it and I still use it.