Maths Maths Maths!

In Miss Jarvis’s maths group, we have had a problem solving week where we have used our investigation skills to solve lots of different problems involving:

• Decimals
  • Percentages
  • Fractions
  • Measures
  • Four operations

We used RUDELY to read, underline, decide, estimate then solve our problem and Miss Jarvis thinks our problem solving skills are improving massively!

Well done my maths group!

11 Responses to Maths Maths Maths!

1. 0272013ap says:

thank you Miss Jarvis for helping me with my Maths because I want to get far with Maths to succeed.i have fun doing Maths because i like learning it so i can do better in year six.if i learn more about fractions,percentages,decimals,ratio,word problems and common factors. please can we have a few more lessons on this.

from Aashika

2. Fatima says:

I liked to do the measure problems because it is very challenging and i like to push myself in doing better. I’ve got a few problems for you:
    1.Anne has to travel a distance of 20km. She travels 15km on a
    train and 3.5km on a bus. She walks the rest of the way. How
    far does she have to walk?
    2. I want to make 12 cakes. If I know that 6kg of flour is enough
    for 36 cakes, how much flour will I need?
    3. My car travels 30km for every litre of fuel I put in. A litre of fuel
    costs £1.25. How far can I drive for £12.50?
    r you:

3. Jacob Olujobi says:

I like when we use Rudely because it helps us with our problems, also helps to read the question carefully. I like it when it is fun and you get to learn more about decimals, percentages, fractions and measures. I like when we do word problems and two step problems. It also helps with our tests that is coming up!

4. hussain monaf says:

I really enjoyed solving the problems because they really got my brain thinking.

5. 0272013zg says:

I really like Miss Jarvis’s maths group. Why? Because we do all sort of fun stuff in books and on paper. When I say paper I mean like doing some 3d Nets work on cuboids, triangular prisms and more. We all work hard on different lessons but I really think I work hard on maths. Plus, the best lesson I have ever had in maths is actually … all of them!

6. Farah says:

I really enjoy maths! Did you know, maths is my favourite subject. Hopefully everyone did great on their reasoning test. I find fraction the easiest. What is your favourite lesson? Thank you Miss Jarvis for helping me in maths.

7. 0272013gp says:

Before I tried rudely with miss Jarvis I struggled a bit with problems and now I am much better. thx miss Jarvis.

8. Rayyan says:

I enjoyed this topic. My fravourite was doing percentages involving word problems because it was tricky and I like tricky because you get to learn more things. What was yours!

9. 0272013mm1 says:

I love doing mathematics because it helps me inspire my knowledge and mostly makes my brain confused ➕➖➗✖️ . My favourite type of mathematics is word problems because it helps to read like 20% of.

10. Taylor says:

I LIKE MATHS A LOT AND I REALLY LIKE DOING X AND+ BECAUSE IM PRETTY GOOD AT IT

11. 0272013ma says:

I love maths because some maths lessons were easy but some were hard. But I found maths interesting.