6J Science!

This term in science we have been learning about electricity and we are going to be doing further research on electrical circuits . So far I have found out that electricity is created by wind turbine. A wind turbine, or alternatively referred to as a wind energy converter, is a device that converts the wind’s kinetic energy into electrical energy. Science is probably my favourite subject because it has so may different discoveries waiting to be found out. Electricity has much to it ! If you like electricity why don’t you do your own research. An electron is a very small piece of matter and energy. Its symbol is e−. It was discovered by J.J. Thomson in 1897.

6 Responses to 6J Science!

1. 0272012az says:

I am really enjoying this topic s far. The best thing about this topic is that in year 4 we already did this in our science work. There are many ways to get electricity like these:
    Wind turbines
    And solar panels.
    Solar panels get electricity by taking energy of the sun and converting it to electricity.
    Wind turbines do the same but the don’t take the suns energy. They are powered by wind then it spins and make electricity. Today we made our own electrical circuits with wires, a battery, a motor, a light bulb, a switch and a buzzer.

By Alen

2. 0272012ct says:

Electricity is also caused by friction and because the earth is mixed with electricity when you run in the hot sun your body conducts that electricity and when you touch something that is metal, the electricity reacts and gives you an electric shock. Electricity also travels at the speed of light.

3. 0272012db says:

I love doing topic and new topic ever term I come back to school and I am very excited for 6J new topic

4. Waleed says:

I think the new science topic was amazing and very fun. It was all about electricity and how circuit work, me and my partner worked really well .We connect all of the circuit until it lit up.

• Taylor says:

I really like to see how electronics and electricity are made so when I heard about this lesson… i was ready to have fun. Before the day that we had done this. I was whatching a video on how they work and most of it(all of it) was confusing.

5. Taylor says: