Music in 5K

In music this term, we have been working on our drumming and brass skills. Half of the class go to drumming – every Friday morning – and half of the class go to brass.

In drumming, we have been learning lots of different rhythms that we are going to perform in our end of year drumming assembly. We have been working on splitting the class and playing two different rhythms at the same time. Can you remember the rhythms we have been learning?

In brass, we have been learning lots of new notes on our instruments. What instrument are you playing? What notes have you learnt?

We are looking forward to performing in our end of term performance in a few weeks.

15 Responses to Music in 5K

1. 0272013mm1 says:

I love ❤️ music because it makes me relaxed and brass and drumming is about teamwork and skills

2. Karima says:

I LOVE music! I love playing it and listening to music to! I am really grateful of being part of it and joining in.

3. Alizah says:

The rhythms we have been learning are: Coca Cola Pepsi cola, we like doctor pepper, pizza for tea tonight, boom Chica boom. I liked drumming after the Easter I will do drumming again because I like to do it and it makes me feel proud and happy that I can do drumming and also brass that is why I am gonna do it again. I am looking forward to perform our assembly. Out of brass and drumming, drumming is my most favourite one out of brass and drumming.

4. Alizah says:

I am so excited to do drumming again.

5. 0272013fr says:

I really injoyed doing brass. I think it is a good skill to have brass and drumming on a Friday.

6. Reece says:

I love drumming so much ❤️

7. 0272013fd says:

I really enjoy drumming and brass. This term I am doing drumming. We have learnt lots of notes like Pepsi cola and doctor pepper and lots more. When I did brass, I was on the baritone. I remember some notes like c and d and much more. This is really a privallige and I thank Miss Harvey who let the year fives do drumming. I love drumming and brass!

8. 0272013ws says:

I really enjoyed brass and last week we learnt a new note which was B. The sound is like low and it is the second key/middle.

9. 0272013sg says:

Brass and drumming is so fun because you can learn new lyrics and you get to help your friends and at the end of the year, you can choose brass or drumming.

10. 0272013mm1 says:

I love drumming and brass because it’s noisy and it’s really fun .

11. 0272013fd says:

I LOVE drumming and brass. I like al the different tunes and they sound really good when you play it on the drum or the brass. Do you like drumming or brass? My favourite is drumming because the different sounds make it sound terrific.

12. 0272013fr says:

My favourite music is brass because I enjoy making new notes.

13. Rayyan says:

I like doing drumming and brass. I am in drumming and love learning new rhythms with Mr Bamford. I have learnt [boom chicka boom, Pizza for tea tonight, We like Doctor pepper, Coca cola Pepsi Cola and I fly like superman]. My favourite is I fly like superman because its difficult and I like difficult because you get to learn new things.

14. 0272013zg says:

I enjoy doing drumming and brass. Last term and this term I was doing brass. I actually don’t mind what I am doing because I have done drumming before and I enjoy both of them! What do you really enjoy doing? Out there in the world there is are lot of different instruments that I can like to play but drumming is the one for now.

15. 0272013mb1 says:

I love brass so much.