Author – James Nicols!

In school today, we have been very lucky to have a visit from children’s author James Nicols! He came in to talk to us about his series of books The Apprentice Witch and to do some writing workshops with us.

In Year 6, we looked at inspirations for writing and how objects can have different meanings. So, James put different objects around the room for us and we had to create a story using our object.

Our ideas were fabulous as we came up with stories about pirates, the war, magical lands and criminal/detective stories! I was so impressed 🙂

Well done Year6! What did you learn? What was your favourite part?

4 Responses to Author – James Nicols!

1. Shan says:

When we met James Nicol, he seemed like a really fun guy and he is! In year six we all made stories, I still have mine, my story is all about time travel.

SHAN6J

2. 0272012ob says:

I loved it when James Nicols came because he was so funny and talented in writing .

3. Romaisa says:

When we met James Nicol I was unsure if he was okay but until we read stories with him I though James is a really nice author!!!

Romaisa xxx

4. Maddison says:

I enjoyed when James Nicol came in because he was really goofy, but it was so amazing how determined he was for his books. He seemed so young yet had already started a series of books.