Writing Writing Writing!

In our literacy lessons we have been doing lots of writing! We’ve written diary entries, recounts, detective stories, biographies, formal letters and so much more!

In 6J our writing target is to be more COHESIVE in our writing which means making our writing flow 🙂

We’ve also been looking at the difference between formal and informal writing and when to use the correct tone.

Our next step is to try and include a range of punctuation which will help our writing to flow better!

Take a look at some pieces of writing…

Which genre has been your favourite so far?

Miss Jarvis x

5 Responses to Writing Writing Writing!

1. 0272012ct says:

I loved the detective genre because you could make up your own story and detectives , which I did not do, you could also make your own killer and I chose the one and only DR HOGGINS .

2. Maddison says:

I enjoy writing formally because it is more of a challenge since nobody talks formally to their friends. Everyone had wrote a very good piece of writing and everyone must have enjoyed the lesson. I enjoy informal writing and Formal but overall Formal writing is more of a challenge and that is why it is one of my favourite Genres of writing remember ‘formal isn’t posh’ famous quote from Miss Jarvis.

3. Romaisa says:

I loved doing this writing formally because half of the class don’t even speak that type of way so it was like a challenge… Everyone did such a good job on doing this such a longggg piece of writing, I remember Miss Jarvis saying ‘ formal isn’t posh people’ ( an inspirational quote from Miss Jarvis)
    Romaisa xxx

4. Deepisha Blakeway says:

I would love to read some of Maddi’s extensive writing, it is a very important skill for the children to have especially when they start Secondary School.

(”,)

5. 0272012ct says:

My favourite topic was both of them because they were both very interesting because we had the pleasure to make our own story’s and make decisions that we couldn’t make in the real world.