Cross Curricular Writing!

As well as writing in our literacy lessons, it’s super important that we keep the same standards up in our topic/R.E lessons. Therefore, we spend some time creating cross curricular writing!

Take a look at some of our R.E cross curricular writing on our trip to the Hindu Temple – we wrote a recount to describe our trip using our senses! 🙂

15 Responses to Cross Curricular Writing!

1. Maddison says:

I enjoyed the Hindu Temple because there were many colourful things around the Hindu Gods and we learnt about some of the stories and Gods, everyone got to look around at the pictures statues and Gods, we even saw the Hindus that come to pray doing Puja.

2. Waleed says:

That is amazing recount about the Hindu temple .There were no spelling mistakes and no mistakes there were just only tick keep this good work up fantastic year6.

3. Romaisa says:

I really enjoyed doing our trip to the Hindu Temple… I like doing our piece of writing because we got to write a summary of what we did, We saw lots of God statues, stories from the man, we looked around at all the picture gods like Brahma, Krishna, Rama and Sita. We even got to see Hindus coming to the temple to do Puja!
    Romaisa xxx

4. Daniel Patel says:

I loved going to the Hindu temple (Mandir) . I usually go to that temple that we went to its called Veda Hindu Temple. the temple had lots of pictures to do with our gods . This temple has a dome inside the actual building but most have it outside . This temple has a god called Krishna and he is the main god of the temple . There is a lot of temples in Bolton but this one Is the one I usually go to!

5. 0272012db says:

Well done they both look very neat and amazing 6J is the best class everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

6. Tamanna says:

This was a really fun piece of work, cross curricular write can be done in any piece of work, but to tell the truth I think this was the best cc write I have ever done. Did you enjoy doing this piece of work?This work was based on our trip to the hindu temple the hindu was very colourful.

7. 0272012az says:

When we went to the Hindu Temple I saw that there was a sign saying above a bin said: ‘Would you like it if someone threw rubbish in your house and not in your bin?’
    I saw many different Gods and many different colours around the temple.
    To me on the outside it looked quite scary I don’t know why but I did feel that but as soon as I entered the building I didn’t feel scared any more!!

By Alen.

8. 0272012ng says:

The Hindu temple was a good place to go to and everyone was behaved :):):) . we had to take of our shoes for respect to the Gods. It was really fun and confusing at the same time because there were a lot of things going on in my head. There was a bell that when you rang it, you had to concentrate and get all your fears out.

9. Sumayah says:

Thank you so much to the teachers who planned this trip it was so fun . Did you know that all the Gods are just recantations of each other . The Gods started from one , they are all just examples that are showing how to live your life / be a good Hindu . If you wear a Bindi then Hindus believe you get good look .
    By Sumayah Khan .

10. 0272012ss2 says:

Hello miss Jarvis we enjoyed Hindu Temple trip it was very goooooooooooooooood. I enjoyed very much and we learn loooooooooooooots of loooooooooooooooooooooots of thing’s about hindu and we learn about Hindu’s God’s and we love the Hindu temple trip.I want go once more.

11. 0272012ss2 says:

Hello miss Jarvis we enjoyed Hindu Temple trip it was very goooooooooooooooood. I enjoyed very much and we learn loooooooooooooots of loooooooooooooooooooooots of thing’s about hindu and we learn about Hindu’s God’s and we love the Hindu temple trip.I want go once more and I hoooooooooop miss Jarvis enjoyed the hindu trip

12. Deepisha Blakeway says:

Lots of descriptive words in these, well done guys great job (”,)

13. Sumayah says:

Amazing work Daniel and Maddison ! Your writing looks fabulous . I really enjoyed going to the Hindu temple because I love learning about other people religions and finding out more facts about the religion . I loved seeing the different Gods and how their appearance ‘s are different to others . Did you know that it started off as one God every other God is a reincarnation? The Gods are to show different examples of how to live your life if you are a Hindu . I enjoyed learning about Hindus and cant wait to learn about all the other religions throughout the year in Year 6 . By Sumayah Khan 6J .

14. Ella says:

It was a lot of funwriting in these and it looks like a lot of writing