Poppy Workshop!

For Remembrance Day this year, Oxford Grove took part in a Poppy Workshop. We discussed why we wear poppies – to remember the brave soldiers that fought in WW1 and WW2. We also found out that this year is really special as it marks 100 years since the end of WW1.

As part of the workshop, we listened to some poems which were written by soliders of the war, we performed these poems by using actions and a range of different voices. We also discovered some new terminology which links to History especially WW1.

I really enjoyed this workshop and I can tell 6J did too!

Can you remember any of the key words?

What did you most enjoy?

9 Responses to Poppy Workshop!

1. 0272012aa1 says:

The poppy workshop was amazing i had so much fun

2. Taylor says:

IT WAS VERY FUN. I loved pretending we were in World War I! it was awesome we got to pretend we were in the trenches and things were BLOWING UP!!!

3. Shan says:

I loved the poppy workshop. We pretended to be Allies. We watched a video to see what happened on Christmas. It was fun.

BY SHAN 6J

4. 0272012rh says:

I actually was so proud of the people that were in the battle because when I heard
    that they were playing in Christmas football ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh well I was very sad

5. Romaisa says:

I enjoyed the poppy workshop because it helped us all remember what it was like in war and all the poems make it real. I think this helped to remember all those people who were fighting (soldiers) against others!

6. Taylor says:

It was fun seeing what it was like in the word war and we got to do actions and it was ver fun!

7. Waleed says:

It was very interesting because on Christmas Day they meet each other and they play toghether . But it go back to normal and fight and fight.

8. Waleed says:

It was very interesting because on Christmas Day they meeteach other and they play toghether . But it go back to normal and fight and fight.

9. 0272012rn says:

the poppy workshop was great it was so cool and I loved and I hope the more new workshop will be like that.