Science in Year 6

In Year 6, we have been learning all about the heart and the journey through our body, we’ve found out all about the circulatory system, the digestive system and what’s good for our body and what’s not!

We looked at the differences between plants, animals and humans and discussed that all living things follow 7 life processes using the acronym MRS GREN!

I’ve really enjoyed teaching Year 6 their science lessons so far this year and I’m really looking forward to our next topic which is LIGHT!

Can you tell me something you’ve learned in science so far?

Miss Jarvis x

4 Responses to Science in Year 6

1. 0272012az says:

I have learnt that half of the heart’s blood is deoxygenated and the other is oxygenated blood. The heart pumps blood the lungs to be oxygenated the back to the heart and then all around the body then reapeat the same process but if you, exercise ur heart will pump faster the more exercise you do.

2. Waleed says:

When we stared I was very excited and happy .We all learn about heart and the jounery through the body. We looked differnces between human and plants.The more exercise you do the more your heart pups around the lungs and the full body.Thank you Miss Jarvis for this lesson because it was fun.

3. Romaisa says:

Science is so much fun in Year6 because we do graphs, leaflets and experiments they help a lot especially when you get in to High school! I have learnt that the more exercise you do the more faster the heart gets in your body and that half of the hearts blood is deoxygenated and the other is oxygenated blood so it goes to the heart and then pumps and then to the lungs and then you repeat again!

Romaisa

4. 0272012rn says:

year 6 has the best science teacher miss Javis and the science classes are super duperrrrrrrrrrrr fun I wish to stay in year six for my hole life and this is the best school ever to go to.