Poetry Day!

This week 6J literacy group performed ‘Chocolate Cake’ by our class poet Michael Rosen as part of poetry week. We listened to all year 5 and 6 perform and had a fab afternoon watching different poems and learning about different authors!

What did you like about the performance?

17 Responses to Poetry Day!

1. Sumayah says:

In Miss Jarvis’s literacy group we did chocolate cake by Michael Rosen . I love this poem because when you do expression and acing you need to make it realistic . Chocolate cake was an amazing poem to do because when Michael Rosen tells the poem it he makes though the chocolate cake is such a good thing and that it is so special . The thing I liked about the performance is that it was completely different to everyone else’s . We had the best actions in it and the performance just flowed . We also had pairs who did the performance together without the whole class doing it .

2. Jayden says:

I loved chocolate cake it is a really good poem made by a really good poet Michael Rosen. Michael Rosen is year6’s class poet and so far we have already learnt a lot about him.we did a day in year6 J were we did a poem made by Michael Rosen… here are some of the poems by Michael Rosen banana in my ears and chocolate cake.

3. 0272012ob says:

I thought Chocolate Cake was great because there was lots of you and it is a really long poem so I am really impressed by everyone and especially by Shan because his acting was great .Well done 6J !

4. 0272012aa1 says:

This poem was really fun I was Michael and Michaels mum. The poet was Michael Rosen he makes the poems so enjoyable we tried to do the same.

5. 0272012rh says:

Miss Jarvis when I saw Shan doing his movements he was so great .Miss Jarvis I think you’ve reached your class really well , and even the bit that Shan said,
    “It was just here a bit of chocolate cake.”

6. Romaisa says:

This was so funny! Micheal Rosen is my favourite Poet they are so realistic to me, My favourite one was when they go on a car trip ☺️ It makes it even special with even more expression. Thank you Miss Jarvis!

Romaisa

7. Romaisa says:

Romaisa

8. Henry says:

Brilliant performance Miss Jarvis literacy and I agree Sumayah you preformance had lots of expressions!!!

9. Maddison says:

In Miss Jarvis’s literacy group, we did chocolate cake for poetry day, it was unique but we had to be quick otherwise it wouldn’t sound as good.

10. Mohammed-Zain says:

I loved the school poetry day because I thought that I had the best part in the whole poem . The poem that my literacy group did was ‘Chocolate Cake ‘.

11. 0272012ab says:

I loved doing this performance because we all worked as a team . I liked the poem we did because it is very funny.I love seeing everyone laugh . I really enjoyed doing this in a team. Everything works if you work in a team!

12. Daniel Patel says:

In Miss Jarvis’s literacy group we need a poem for poetry day . The poem that we did was chocolate cake by Michael Rosen ! This was a fun poem but hard , we wanted to represent the highest English group so Miss Jarvis chose this poem. It was a fun experience from last year. Don’t tell anyone but this was the best!

13. 0272012ks says:

In Miss Calland group we did a poem called the lion and Albert and my line was (but mother had turned a bit awkward when she thought where her Albert had gone) I really enjoyed all the poems everyone performed

14. 0272012az says:

On that day we only had one morning to practice we did Chocolate Cake by Michael Rosen. I was a bit embarrassed when I forgot my lines but I remembered it my line was And i was eating it And before I know I notice where is it? Oh no I’ve eaten the lot. Then we all said THE WHOLE LOT!!!!!

15. 0272012az says:

16. 0272012db says:

I have really enjoyed and I realy like Shan and he was fun and serious

17. Deepisha Blakeway says:

This will explain why Maddi has been enjoying poetry at the moment.

I do love how creative you are will how the children learn and share and believe this really helps building confidence.

(”,)