The Roman Times

In Year 4 we have been learning all about earthquakes and volcanoes. We learnt that Mount Vesuvius is a famous volcano in Italy that erupted at the time of the Romans over a very famous place called Pompeii. We wrote newspaper reports and imagined what it must have been like to be a Roman experiencing this volcano erupting. 

Have a read of Molly’s amazing writing!

Miss Longmore

7 Responses to The Roman Times

1. Megan says:

Mount Vesuvius is an active volcanoe that scientists monitor all the time.

2. Lewis says:

Molly,s work is absolutely, amazing I can’t believe it. It is really neat and a lot of good adjectives. The first time I saw Molly,s writing this is what I thought it had lots of great adverbs, adjectives and nouns.

3. Molly says:

Mount Vesuvius is an active volcano in Pompeii, the Romans just thought it was a mountain but when it erupted they was terrified. When the second pyroclastic surge came people started to die and they was running as fast as possible. Then when the third pyroclastic surge came thousands of people started to die. They was running away but then they ran back for their possessions but it was a huge mistake because the fourth pyroclastic surge came and nearly everybody was dead.

4. Alena says:

I really like are new topic about volcanoes and earthquakes. One day Miss Longmore told us that a new cool bed was invented, basically if you are in bed and an earthquake happens it opens up and drops you in the bed with enough food and water supplies for about 3 months! When we did the information text about
    Mount Vesuvius (are new topic obviously) I learnt a whole bunch of new facts about Mount Vesuvius that I didn’t know. I learnt that it erupted and it lost three quarters of the volcano and came rushing down all at the same time destroying Pompeii and Herculaneum and destroyed the town . I know some people from church who walked up the volcano(Mount Vesuvius) and walked all the way up it and then walked down to the destroyed town OF POMPEIII!
    By Alena

5. Alena says:

By the way Mollys work is exquisite because she has lovely joins and neat handwriting and is full of brilliant ideas! No wonder her work is on the blog!
    By Alena

6. Morgan says:

This work is Mollys . Can you believe it.molly has good handwriting.it is all about the Romans.

7. Megan says:

Molly s writing is so good because she has done a lot of detail.