Poppy workshop

Yesterday, Year 4 were visited by Becky from West End of schools. She taught us lots about Poppies and Poems. We know that this year Remembrance Sunday is extra special because it marks 100 years since the end of the First World War in 1918. 

We learnt all about recruitment and how soldiers were enlisted to fight in the war. 

Here are some pictures from the morning:

What did you enjoy and learn from this brilliant drama workshop?

Miss Longmore

4 Responses to Poppy workshop

1. Megan says:

I love acting out a poster ! I acted out a weird poster but it wasn’t the weirdest. The best poster was ‘Daddy what did you do in the war .’ I learnt why we wear poppy and why the war was important:

there are many people who died in the war,
    1 million people was in the war,
    it been 100 years.

2. Lewis says:

The poppy workshop was really good because I got to act and copy posters. I also got to learn about young billy the soldier it was good we all enjoyed it. What I thought about the poppy workshop: it was really good because I also got to watch a video about the soldiers that have died I was remembering all of the people that have died I was nearly going to cry because it was that upsetting I still remember about them now beaucase they saved not only my life every one else’s life that is why we do rememberance day because it is nice to respect them. You can also buy Poppy’s to rember them to.

3. Molly says:

I liked when we got to act out posters , my favourite poster was “Daddy what did you do in the Great War

4. Pedro says:

I really enjoyed this workshop beacause we got to do actions and some games