Today, we have enjoyed our first Smiley Reward of 2016-2017! The whole school enjoyed watching the Zulu Dancers perform in assembly, in the morning and in the afternoon.
We also took part in special workshops with the Zulus in our classes, singing and dancing to their amazing music.
Check out our photos!
Today we hosted an after-school event for our parents to come and learn Bollywood dancing!
Our dancing tutor was Salma from Salma’s Bollywood Academy, and she has spent the day working with each of our classes to teach them Bollywood dancing. At 3pm, it was the parents’ turn!
We learned a wide range of different moves to the song ‘Jai Ho’ from Slumdog Millionaire.
Some feedback from our attendees:
- “Energetic, engaging, multicultural experience.”
- “One useful thing – how to learn so many dance moves in such a short time.”
- “I enjoyed parent and child participation.”
- “One useful thing – spending time with my children in school and being involved.”
- “Had fun while learning a dance from another culture.”
Take a look at some of our photos from this fantastic event:
Thank you so much to everybody who participated in this event.
What an amazing day we have had at Oxford Grove!
The fabulous dancers from Zulu Nation came into our school and gave three amazing performances!
They also completed workshops with some of the classes, teaching them how to play African music and sing African songs.
Well done to everybody for working hard to achieve their smileys so we could enjoy this fantastic reward!