Translate this page:
- parent area
- reading for pleasure
- Safer Internet Day
- smiley reward
- St Luke's
- whole school
- World Book Day
- Year 3
- Year 4
- Year 5
- Year 6
More of our blogs
- Archive (160)
- Computing @OxfordGrove (14)
- Fundraising (6)
- Keeping Safe (14)
- Latest Blogs (66)
- Let's celebrate (46)
- Music @OxfordGrove (15)
- Our Community (10)
- Parent News (34)
- Reading (10)
- School Clubs (5)
- School competitons (7)
- School Trips (4)
- School Visitors (5)
- Sports @OxfordGrove (15)
- Writing (2)
- Strange, Stranger, Strangest: The week's weirdest storiesRicky's got a selection of this week's weird and wonderful stories.
- Homelessness: What does it mean?World Homeless Day takes place on 10 October every year but what does it mean to be homeless?
- UK heatwave: Why should we stay out of the sun?It's so hot we're being told to stay out of the sun, and not to go out in the strongest sunshine hours - 11am to 3pm.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worried about?
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to do something about it.
- Can you guess which singer this is?Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- VAR: What is it and why's everyone talking about it?VAR (video assistant referee) technology has been debated for a long time in football. Now, it's being talked about again after being used in the World Cup for the first time.
- Starfish make amazing recoveryA lot of starfish died during the outbreak of a disease but experts think they've changed to survive.
- Strange, Stranger, Strangest: The week's weirdest stories
Tag Archives: celebration
We have had an amazing World Book Day! Well done to all of our children who have dressed up in such fantastic costumes, and well done to all of those parents and carers who have helped out! We hope you … Continue reading
Over the last three days, Years 1-6 have enjoyed art workshops with Emma! The children have used a wide variety of artistic techniques and media to create a collage. What was your favourite thing about the art workshops?
Wow, what an amazing show! Key Stage 2 have completed their four performances of ‘A Song for Christmas’. It was no mean feat getting all 210 children in Key Stage 2 up on stage, but the result was absolutely fantastic! Each year … Continue reading
Behind the scenes, getting ready for our production this week! (Click the photos to see larger versions.)
Today we have celebrated Harvest. Thank you to all of our parents who donated so generously. We have boxed up all of the gifts and they have been given out to members of the community. Any remaining donations have been … Continue reading
Today, we held our annual Music Assembly, where our parents got the opportunity to see the Oxford Grove Choir singing their music festival songs and the Year 5 parents got to see what they have been learning in their music … Continue reading
Wow! Oxford Grove choir had an amazing time at the Alfa Music Festival last night! The children sang brilliantly on the stage and they sounded amazing! Videos of the performance will follow soon, but for now, why don’t you take … Continue reading
We are pleased to announce that Oxford Grove have secured the Leading Parent Partnership Award! Thanks to all of our amazing staff for all of their hard work. Extra thanks to the parents, governors and children … Continue reading
Today we have had a special assembly from Christine from St Luke’s Church. The assembly was all about Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s 90th birthday. Over half term, the children have been working really hard on their competition entries. The … Continue reading