Translate this page:
- parent area
- reading for pleasure
- Safer Internet Day
- smiley reward
- St Luke's
- whole school
- World Book Day
- Year 3
- Year 4
- Year 5
- Year 6
More of our blogs
- Archive (160)
- Computing @OxfordGrove (14)
- Fundraising (6)
- Keeping Safe (14)
- Latest Blogs (66)
- Let's celebrate (46)
- Music @OxfordGrove (15)
- Our Community (10)
- Parent News (34)
- Reading (10)
- School Clubs (5)
- School competitons (7)
- School Trips (4)
- School Visitors (5)
- Sports @OxfordGrove (15)
- Writing (2)
- Strange, Stranger, Strangest: The week's weirdest storiesRicky's got a selection of this week's weird and wonderful stories.
- Homelessness: What does it mean?World Homeless Day takes place on 10 October every year but what does it mean to be homeless?
- UK heatwave: Why should we stay out of the sun?It's so hot we're being told to stay out of the sun, and not to go out in the strongest sunshine hours - 11am to 3pm.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worried about?
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to do something about it.
- Can you guess which singer this is?Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- VAR: What is it and why's everyone talking about it?VAR (video assistant referee) technology has been debated for a long time in football. Now, it's being talked about again after being used in the World Cup for the first time.
- Starfish make amazing recoveryA lot of starfish died during the outbreak of a disease but experts think they've changed to survive.
- Strange, Stranger, Strangest: The week's weirdest stories
Category Archives: School competitons
Well done to our Year 5/6 Footballers who won 5-0 on their first football match on the year. Even the rain didn’t stop us from playing 🙂 Miss Stockton !
Well done to all the children who took part in the Young Writers’ Once Upon a Dream poetry competition. This is the 25th year that the competition has been run and they received in excess of 25,000 entries! We are … Continue reading
Thank you for all the brilliant competition entries that I received to tell the school what you love about reading. The winners were: 1B – Michael 1F – Caitlyn 2L – Tia 2B – Eshal and Amelia 3K – Grace … Continue reading
Well done to all our staff for their hard work in achieving the School Games Mark – Gold Award! Our assessors told us our provision was among the best they had seen!
Well done to all the children taking part in the tournament yesterday! You looked very professional in our brand new football kits ! Thank you to all the staff that came to support- Mrs Bain was an amazing cheerleader. Miss … Continue reading
This term at Oxford Grove, all the classes have been working on their computer coding skills in Computing. We have been using a program on Purple Mash called 2Code, which teaches you how to put together command blocks into lines … Continue reading