Translate this page:
- parent area
- reading for pleasure
- Safer Internet Day
- smiley reward
- St Luke's
- whole school
- World Book Day
- Year 3
- Year 4
- Year 5
- Year 6
More of our blogs
- Archive (160)
- Computing @OxfordGrove (14)
- Fundraising (6)
- Keeping Safe (14)
- Latest Blogs (66)
- Let's celebrate (46)
- Music @OxfordGrove (15)
- Our Community (10)
- Parent News (34)
- Reading (10)
- School Clubs (5)
- School competitons (7)
- School Trips (4)
- School Visitors (5)
- Sports @OxfordGrove (15)
- Writing (2)
- Strange, Stranger, Strangest: The week's weirdest storiesRicky's got a selection of this week's weird and wonderful stories.
- Homelessness: What does it mean?World Homeless Day takes place on 10 October every year but what does it mean to be homeless?
- UK heatwave: Why should we stay out of the sun?It's so hot we're being told to stay out of the sun, and not to go out in the strongest sunshine hours - 11am to 3pm.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worried about?
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to do something about it.
- Can you guess which singer this is?Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- VAR: What is it and why's everyone talking about it?VAR (video assistant referee) technology has been debated for a long time in football. Now, it's being talked about again after being used in the World Cup for the first time.
- Starfish make amazing recoveryA lot of starfish died during the outbreak of a disease but experts think they've changed to survive.
- Strange, Stranger, Strangest: The week's weirdest stories
Category Archives: Parent News
In April, we began hosting Maths Family Learning workshops. These workshops were for parents of children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2, and were held every Monday between 9am and 12pm. As part of the workshops, parents were helped … Continue reading
Wow! Oxford Grove choir had an amazing time at the Alfa Music Festival last night! The children sang brilliantly on the stage and they sounded amazing! Videos of the performance will follow soon, but for now, why don’t you take … Continue reading
We are pleased to announce that Oxford Grove have secured the Leading Parent Partnership Award! Thanks to all of our amazing staff for all of their hard work. Extra thanks to the parents, governors and children … Continue reading
Today we hosted an after-school event for our parents to come and learn Bollywood dancing! Our dancing tutor was Salma from Salma’s Bollywood Academy, and she has spent the day working with each of our classes to teach them Bollywood … Continue reading
Last night, Oxford Grove hosted a transition workshop for all of our Year 5 parents. Our workshop was led by Mrs Gregory and supported by Miss Harvey, Mrs Day and Mrs Thompson. We focused on the SATs assessments and how … Continue reading
At Oxford Grove, we are immensely proud of all our children with their wide range of talents, interests and abilities. Outside of school, Freya in Year 4S takes part in a cheerleading club run by Bolton Gymnastics Club. Her team … Continue reading