Translate this page:
- parent area
- reading for pleasure
- Safer Internet Day
- smiley reward
- St Luke's
- whole school
- World Book Day
- Year 3
- Year 4
- Year 5
- Year 6
More of our blogs
- Archive (160)
- Computing @OxfordGrove (14)
- Fundraising (6)
- Keeping Safe (14)
- Latest Blogs (66)
- Let's celebrate (46)
- Music @OxfordGrove (15)
- Our Community (10)
- Parent News (34)
- Reading (10)
- School Clubs (5)
- School competitons (7)
- School Trips (4)
- School Visitors (5)
- Sports @OxfordGrove (15)
- Writing (2)
- Strange, Stranger, Strangest: The week's weirdest storiesRicky's got a selection of this week's weird and wonderful stories.
- Homelessness: What does it mean?World Homeless Day takes place on 10 October every year but what does it mean to be homeless?
- UK heatwave: Why should we stay out of the sun?It's so hot we're being told to stay out of the sun, and not to go out in the strongest sunshine hours - 11am to 3pm.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worried about?
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to do something about it.
- Can you guess which singer this is?Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- VAR: What is it and why's everyone talking about it?VAR (video assistant referee) technology has been debated for a long time in football. Now, it's being talked about again after being used in the World Cup for the first time.
- Starfish make amazing recoveryA lot of starfish died during the outbreak of a disease but experts think they've changed to survive.
- Strange, Stranger, Strangest: The week's weirdest stories
Category Archives: Let’s celebrate
Over the last two days, all of our classes have enjoyed spending time with Farmer David and the animals at the farm! Every child who filled the back of their second smiley card was given this opportunity as a behaviour … Continue reading
We are very happy to have achieved the ICT Mark! We are very proud of the due recognition and external validation of our continually improving work in the use of Computing and ICT.
Well done to all the children who took part in the Young Writers’ Once Upon a Dream poetry competition. This is the 25th year that the competition has been run and they received in excess of 25,000 entries! We are … Continue reading
Today we have celebrated Harvest. Thank you to all of our parents who donated so generously. We have boxed up all of the gifts and they have been given out to members of the community. Any remaining donations have been … Continue reading
Today, we have enjoyed our first Smiley Reward of 2016-2017! The whole school enjoyed watching the Zulu Dancers perform in assembly, in the morning and in the afternoon. We also took part in special workshops with the Zulus in our … Continue reading
We are so lucky and very excited to have 18 eggs arrive at school this week. We have looked after them so well that the hatching has started and beautiful baby chicks are now living at Oxford Grove! We have … Continue reading
We are pleased to announce that Oxford Grove has achieved Gold standard in the Liverpool Reading Quality Mark! Well done to all our staff who work so hard to promote reading for pleasure. Some quotes from our Liverpool Reading Quality Mark Assessment … Continue reading
Today we have enjoyed lots of activities about books! Our teachers have shared their favourite books with us – we all really enjoyed hearing about why they liked their books! Emma from Bolton Central Library came to visit Years 2 … Continue reading