Snap Maps

SnapMaps

Last week SnapChat, used regularly by many children and young people, launched a new feature. SnapMaps allows users to see the location of their contacts. This feature allows others to accurately pinpoint where you are and shares your location.

There are three possible privacy settings:

• Ghost mode, where only you can see your position;
  • My Friends mode, where any contact can see your location; and
  • Select Friends mode, just those who you choose can see you

ChildNet have posted a thorough explanation of SnapMaps and how to ensure users stay safe. Please click the picture below to find more information:

This entry was posted in Keeping Safe and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Snap Maps

1. Husnain Ali mum says:

It’s good to discuss with children internet safety at home and mostly in the school, when kids learn they are prepared to stay safe at all times.
    Ime happy u have discussed internet safety well done

2. Michal's mum says:

Thanks for letting us know !!!! I’ve had a conversation with my son about Internet Safety but I didn’t know about SnapMaps, we all need to be careful . Thank you !!!

3. Aliyah's Mummy says:

This is why I find the use of social media so scary to use for children. I don’t allow my children to use it because they are always coming out with new updates and like some parents as I don’t use it myself it’s hard to keep up with what’s going on and what changes have been made. Even so it’s great and very important to discuss internet safety with children. The more we make them aware the better choices they will make.