World Book Day

We have had an amazing World Book Day! Well done to all of our children who have dressed up in such fantastic costumes, and well done to all of those parents and carers who have helped out! We hope you all look forward to spending your £1 book voucher!

In addition to all of our book related activities, KS1 and KS2 have enjoyed a whole school assembly with author and poet, Alec Williams, who has then spent the day leading workshops for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.

Take a look at our group photos below, and please visit class pages to see more photos of children in each class.

18 thoughts on “World Book Day

1. Hi everyone… it looks like you had a fantastic World Book Day 2017. I love all of your costumes. It’s great that so much effort went into making the day so much fun.

I see you’ve had some great authors in since I came to visit – including my friend, Saviour Pirotta.

Keep reading (and writing) and having fun with books.

2. I loved seeing all the kids all dressed up walking into school, our Maddi loves reading and has currently read nearly all the books she has. Its such a great way to encourage the children to read and enjoy reading. (”,)

3. Lots of effort put in by parents and children putting together some amazing costumes for world book day.
    I saw lots of amazing Harry Potter costumes, I think this was the popular costume at the school.

4. What a lovely day this was seeing all the children inspired by books. I wish I could still dress up as a my little pony but I’m sure I would not get away with it as easily as Jasmine did.

5. I dressed as Hercules he is a Greek myth, Hercules tried to deafet the Minotaur who is a ugly monster who likes destroying cities in Rome.
    My costme was of the great Hercules.
    There is a book about Hercules the hero, I loved this story so much.