Safer Internet Day 2017

Today, the Digital Leaders have helped Mrs Thompson to run a parent’s awareness session as part of our Safer Internet Day celebrations.

Parents were invited into school to see a short presentation on how to keep children safe online and learn about our Parent Area.

Thank you to all parents who attended!

This entry was posted in Keeping Safe and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Safer Internet Day 2017

1. mum&dad says:

I think children should have that chat every month so they would be fully aware of all the dangers waiting for them when they’re online. We as parents control the content and time they spend surfing, we explain the pros and cons of being online but sometimes children don’t take our warnings seriously 🙁

2. Deepisha Blakeway says:

Its great how much time and resources are invested in keeping our children safe, we are always having conversations with Maddi about internet safety.

Its great to know the School reinforces the same message. (”,)

3. Deepisha Blakeway says:

We can provide the children with all the tools and advise that we have, however, its about allowing children to understand the dangers that the internet can have. Everything Maddi does on her tablet and ipad is visible by me on my phone, as all apps are logged into my details. I ensure that I receive notifications on all apps, as much as this means I have 100’s of emails to read through, it is worth it to know that Maddi is safe.

But we should also make sure children understand the internet is also a great place to gather information as a resource tool, we have had a number of conversations about the benefits and cons of the internet.

So happy the school invests on the same (”,)

4. Michal's mum says:

We do our best to keep them safe, with your help of course. Thank you

5. Aliyah's Mum says:

As parents we should make use of all the available tools out there and actively ensure the children are safe online. There are apps and filters available to make sure you know what your child is doing online as another parent has mentioned I also use these and can’t recommend them enough. You receive email and notifications of all online activity Thankyou to the school for always having the children’s best interests at heart x