Parent Reading Workshop

This morning, our school has invited parents in to take part in our second learning workshop, ‘How We Teach Reading’.

Parents listened to a short presentation from Miss Harvey and Mrs Calland, and then were able to spend time in their child’s classroom to see the different ways in which reading is taught throughout school.

Each class from Reception to Year 6 took part. Here is some feedback from our parents:

“Really enjoyed the workshop this morning. It’s nice to spend time in class with Amber. 🙂 ” – Amber’s mum, Year 2L

“Enjoyed seeing how the children used the Bug Club.” – Nicholas’ mum, Year 2L

“Enjoyable morning watching children learn and also learning a few things myself!” – Daniel’s mum, Year 3T

“Really enjoyed seeing the class and the way that they teach them. Really happy with this school.” 

“We both enjoyed the session and learned about the school website.” – Paul and Joan

“Good to see how all the children work and how well behaved they all are. Excellent. Thank you.” – Alfie’s mum,  1B

“Really information-packed and helpful resource.” – Jacob’s  (3K) and Joseph’s (1B) dad

“Watched Alex in class reading and doing comprehension. Good to see how all the children were focused and paying attention to Mrs White. Really enjoyed it.” – Alex’s mum, 5B

“Really enjoyed to work with my children in the classroom.” – Noah’s (1M) and Oliver’s (4S) mum

“Lovely session which explained how to work with my child at home.” – Shan’s mum, 4L

This entry was posted in Latest Blogs and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Parent Reading Workshop

1. mum&dad says:

I wish I could make it and see my child engaged and really focused on his work .

2. Deepisha Blakeway says:

Its a shame we cannot make the after school meetings as we don’t finish work till 5:30 so we end up missing many of these.

These updates are great for catching up on things we have been unable to attend.

3. Michal's mum says:

I would like to take part in these workshops but Mondays are too busy for me at work 🙁