The chicks have hatched!

We are so lucky and very excited to have 18 eggs arrive at school this week. We have looked after them so well that the hatching has started and beautiful baby chicks are now living at Oxford Grove!

We have captured the hatching on our very own chick cam and have lots of photos to share with you very soon.

chick

This entry was posted in Let's celebrate and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to The chicks have hatched!

1. Michal B says:

Awww !!! They’re so cute!

2. Husna says:

The chicks are very cute. Their like fluffy candyfloss on cones.This is what they sound like: Cheep! Cheep!

3. 0272011aj1 says:

The baby chicks are so cute. Some of them are brown and some of them are yellow. They are about 4 days old. They are now outside Miss levers new room.

By Aliyah J y5b

4. Amanda worthington says:

My little girl in reception has been very excited about this and said she had been to visit them in breakfast club… I think it’s lovely the children got this experience.

• Miss Harvey says:

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, it is much appreciated. We have had the chicks this year as part of our harvest celebrations. They are all doing well and Miss Longmore ,one of the year 5 teachers, is going to take them home when they have grown a bit more.

5. 0272012dp says:

I saw the chicks in recorder club . There were small and we got to see the eggs that they were in ,it was gross!
    The were in a small jug so they stay with each other and they won’t get lost. Then after they were put in a small container with more space and mor to do. At lunch time every one went to see the chicks it was crazy,

6. Karishma says:

The chicks were really cute and I was so sad when they had to go. But I am really glad they came to our school and we all got to have an experience with them. Thank you miss Harvey for bringing the chicks to our school and I hope they have a great time at there new home.

7. 0272012ti says:

I loved the baby chicks we got to hold them and stroke them Miss Longmore 4Ls teacher even got to take some home.I love this school because they help me learn and are very active.

8. Tallanah says:

The chicks were so cute when it was dance club I had held one it felt so soft and it fell asleep in my hands her name is chocolate she was the cutest there were also daisy, hamburger and goldie

9. 0272010ee says:

The chicks were so cute i would love to see them again thank you Mrs Harvey .

10. 0272010bt says:

The chicks were really cute and I cant wait to see them again.

11. 0272010jh says:

I loved these chicks because they were really cute and fluffy.

12. Husnain Ali says:

I loved the chicks they are so cute and fluffy, would love to see them again.

• Husnain ali and maliha mum says:

aww that sounds so cute I bet all the children would love to see the chicks again. Ime sure they will be back soon!

13. mum&dad says:

Aww, that is so cute, Michal wanted to hatch one at home 😀