Book Day at Oxford Grove

Today we have enjoyed lots of activities about books!

Our teachers have shared their favourite books with us – we all really enjoyed hearing about why they liked their books!

Emma from Bolton Central Library came to visit Years 2 to Year 6 to talk about her job as a librarian. She told us all about how to use the library. She also read some stories and got us to talk about them together.

This entry was posted in Archive, Let's celebrate, Reading and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Book Day at Oxford Grove

1. Emma Ali says:

Thank you very much for inviting me into school. I had a brilliant time and it was lovely to see so many children excited and enthused about reading. Lots of the children told me how much they enjoy visiting the library, which was brilliant to hear.
    The pupils were all polite, they listened beautifully (and laughed in all the right places!) – and asked some really thoughtful questions.

2. Mrs Bevin says:

Mrs Bevin has so many favourite books it was hard to pick a favourite. Once I had thought really hard about the book that makes me laugh the most I picked Princess Smartypants written by Babbette Cole.
    I enjoy reading this story to the class as it always puts a smile on everyones face and breaks many gender stereotypes which is a key area for all the work we do around Stonewall.

3. 0272011ls1 says:

I liked the books there look very interesting and the teacher was from Bolton librarie
    And she was a nice reacher and my favourite book is the jack and the bean stork
    And the best bit when we were answering questions

4. 0272013mm1 says:

I liked it when we were answering questions.

5. Deepisha Blakeway says:

Children are so disconnected from libraries these day because of the internet. This is a great way to encourage children to use the library especially as the information they read online isn’t always accurate. (”,)

6. Michal's mum says:

We have an hour reading time at home everyday, everyone takes their fav book and reads it for an hour, it’s good for us because it develops our imagination and let us be more creative while playing and spending time together

7. Husnain ali mum says:

children need to stay involved with libraries growing up reading books and getting information is all part of learning, ime not so keen on children relying on the internet and staying lazy that’s not a healthy way to learn in most cases libraries are a way to get out and research information yourself rather than have it sat right in front of you on a computer.