Translate this page:
- parent area
- reading for pleasure
- Safer Internet Day
- smiley reward
- St Luke's
- whole school
- World Book Day
- Year 3
- Year 4
- Year 5
- Year 6
More of our blogs
- Archive (160)
- Computing @OxfordGrove (14)
- Fundraising (6)
- Keeping Safe (14)
- Latest Blogs (66)
- Let's celebrate (46)
- Music @OxfordGrove (15)
- Our Community (10)
- Parent News (34)
- Reading (10)
- School Clubs (5)
- School competitons (7)
- School Trips (4)
- School Visitors (5)
- Sports @OxfordGrove (15)
- Writing (2)
- Strange, Stranger, Strangest: The week's weirdest storiesRicky's got a selection of this week's weird and wonderful stories.
- Homelessness: What does it mean?World Homeless Day takes place on 10 October every year but what does it mean to be homeless?
- UK heatwave: Why should we stay out of the sun?It's so hot we're being told to stay out of the sun, and not to go out in the strongest sunshine hours - 11am to 3pm.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worried about?
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to do something about it.
- Can you guess which singer this is?Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- VAR: What is it and why's everyone talking about it?VAR (video assistant referee) technology has been debated for a long time in football. Now, it's being talked about again after being used in the World Cup for the first time.
- Starfish make amazing recoveryA lot of starfish died during the outbreak of a disease but experts think they've changed to survive.
- Strange, Stranger, Strangest: The week's weirdest stories
Monthly Archives: July 2016
Oxford Grove are in the Bolton News again! This time, we are celebrating our achievement of the Stonewall Bronze Award this month. We are the only school in Bolton to hold this award currently. Well done to all our hard … Continue reading
Today, we held our annual Music Assembly, where our parents got the opportunity to see the Oxford Grove Choir singing their music festival songs and the Year 5 parents got to see what they have been learning in their music … Continue reading
Our Year 5 and Year 6 children who attended Robinwood came home yesterday very tired – but what an amazing time they had! Check out our photos and leave us a comment!
Well done to all our staff for their hard work in achieving the School Games Mark – Gold Award! Our assessors told us our provision was among the best they had seen!
In April, we began hosting Maths Family Learning workshops. These workshops were for parents of children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2, and were held every Monday between 9am and 12pm. As part of the workshops, parents were helped … Continue reading
Well done to all the staff at Oxford Grove for their hard work and effort in achieving the highest award of the Inclusion Quality Mark – Centre of Excellence!
Well done to all of our staff who worked so hard to achieve the Stonewall School Champion – Bronze Award! We are also extremely proud to be the first school in Bolton to achieve this award!