- on Music in Year 6 I really enjoy doing music with mrs Hudson it is really fun and we learn new songs every term and th…
- on Movie Maker – Our Oxford Grove Life I am having fun making a movie all about mine and Bindi’s life at Oxford Grove. This was very enjoya…
- on Crazy Golf Smiley Reward Year6 and whole school had another smiley award today! Our treat for the day was Crazy Golf we had,…
- on Good Luck Year 6 Thank you Mrs Calland, Miss Jarvis and Miss Stockton for the good luck cards. I think I have done gr…
- on Crazy Golf Smiley Reward Thank you Miss Harvey for this brilliant reward. I really enjoyed it! By Paige xx
Author Archives: Mrs Calland
This year we are linking Work Related Learning to the World Cup. Year 6 have chosen Japan as the country that they will research and produce art work for. They are hoping to make dragons, chop stick and wind chimes … Continue reading
Yesterday we all took part in crazy golf on the field for our Summer 1 smiley reward. The beautiful sunny weather made it even better!
It is that time of year already and Year 6 have been working very hard all year to prepare for their SATs tests next week. A huge GOOD LUCK from all the teachers at Oxford Grove – you will all … Continue reading
We have done lots of fantastic art work throughout the year in Year 6. Here are some examples… What has your favourite topic been and why?
At the moment Year 6 are working on a very special Computing project. They are working hard to create ‘movie,’ using Movie Maker, of their time at Oxford Grove. Their ‘movies’ will include photographs, video clips, titles, captions and music, which … Continue reading
In Year 6, we have been working on writing stories with a flashback – this gives the reader some information about a character’s life before the ‘now’ of the story. A flashback can be used in many different ways such … Continue reading
On the last day of term we took part in our Smiley Reward – The Military Boot Camp. We had to do all sorts of training exercises but it was great fun as well as being hard work. What was … Continue reading
Just a quick reminder for everyone to make sure that they are learning their spellings ready for the Spellathon next week! Don’t forget to get as many sponsors as you can too!
This week Year 6 visited the Life Caravan. They talked about making decisions and making the right choices. They discussed what they would do if they were under ‘peer pressure’ and how to make the right choices in terms of … Continue reading