- on Warning for Mrs Calland!!!!!! Mrs Bain is this something to do with you and one of your science investigations? I hope they do not…
- on Warning for Mrs Calland!!!!!! Dear 6C and Mrs Bain - why have I got chameleons all over my classroom?! They are very well camoufla…
- on World Book Day My favourite book is the Witches by Roald Dahl I love his books I have read James and the Giant Peac…
- on What makes YOU special? What makes me special is a look after people when they are hurt or upset I look out for them when th…
- on Smiley Reward I really enjoyed the circus it was really fun! The man did lots of cool tricks, I really enjoyed bal…
Author Archives: Mrs Calland
This week Year 6 visited the Life Caravan. They talked about making decisions and making the right choices. They discussed what they would do if they were under ‘peer pressure’ and how to make the right choices in terms of … Continue reading
Women are celebrated on 8th March every year. We remember the strong women in the past that have done incredible things to make life better for women in the future. We celebrate International Women’s Day to support those women and … Continue reading
At Oxford Grove we love books! To celebrate World Book Day we have written book recommendations and shared our favourite books and authors with each other. What is your favourite book and why?
As part of Children’s Mental Health Week we are celebrating everything that makes us special. Everyone is different and unique and we want to celebrate the fact that YOU are YOU! What makes you special?
We celebrated Safer Internet Day last week by taking part in an e-safety workshop. We know how important it is to stay safe online. What did you learn Year 6?
Last week year 6 were lucky enough to work with a visiting artist who Miss Bimson had organised to come into. They created some wonderful, colourful birds for in our Key Stage 2 resource area. How did you make these Year 6? … Continue reading
We have been using our maths area and working wall this week to develop our skills in fractions, decimals and percentages and adding and subtracting fractions.
Each week Year 6 learn a new spelling rule and are given spellings to learn for their homework using that rule. Next week we are going to be working on using the prefixes min, mang and multi. Our words of … Continue reading
6C did the first class assembly of the term today – teaching everybody about the rainforest! As part of our topic we are going to be learning about South America, the work of artist Georgia O’Keefe and even creating our … Continue reading