Maths

In Miss Lord’s maths class we have been looking at division and how to divide larger numbers by using short division (also known as the bus stop method)!

Last week, I did a piece of work and asked the children to mark it for me. It turns out I didn’t do so well ๐Ÿ™ but the children gave me tips on how to improve and corrected my mistakes.

Rida’s work was really well-presented. Click on the image to make it larger:

What do you like most about your maths lessons?

What have you learned recently in maths?

Miss Lord x

14 Responses to Maths

1. Deepisha Blakeway says:

Maddi has been saying that she feels confident with her maths even doing long division, I like that you allowed the class to mark your work. I think it helps the children see that no one is perfect and actually helps builds their confidence.

(”,)

2. Emaan says:

In maths I like to learn new things with Mrs Bain and Mrs Bain said that time sing fractions are from year 7 because the government said lets move it to year 6 then they moved it to year 5.Time sing fractions can be tricky for some people but its a bit easy for me and maths is what I would want to do the most.

3. Romaisa says:

The thing I LOVE about maths is that its very challenging for me and kind of easy sometimes ๐Ÿ™‚ Recently in MATHS we have been doing fractions but multiplying them then dividing it so for example: 7/4 x 8 first the denominator will be 4 and the numerator will be 56,you divide it like this:56 divded by 4 then you look in the 4x tables and see what the closest number is so mine as 52 and then it will be 13 remainder something and that will be 4 so the answer is a big 56 4/4 and that’s your answer…Can you answer this question? 4/9 x 5.
    Romaisa xxx

4. Tamanna says:

Did you have fun? I find bus top method really good when it helps you with your division problems. What do you think? Can you do this question using bus top method ? 79รท6= ! Try and work it out

5. Ella says:

I love maths that is my favourite subject in the world because you learn about measuring and we measure lines and lots more that I love…

6. 0272012db says:

well don Rida my best friend excellent work

7. 0272012ct says:

The thing I like the most in maths is to be challenged and since I’ve been in the year 6 maths room it has been challenging because I’m a year 5 in a year 6 maths group because the year5’s who were in Mrs Calland’s maths group past the year5 curriculum.

8. 0272012aa1 says:

That looks really good rida good divisions!

9. 0272012mb says:

Wow, Rida has presented his work really well, i’m sure everyone did amazing. It is really good that everyone learns that no body is perfect and that everyone makes mistakes at a point, even if you are the smartest man in the world, you would have made a mistake. It is good to make mistakes so that you can learn from them.

10. Shan says:

I am in miss Jarvis`s group and I love it! It might be hard but its fun!!!!!!

Which math group are you in?
    BY SHAN 5L

11. Mia says:

I am in Miss Jarvis’s maths group I really enjoy this maths group I think Miss Jarvis is a brilliant teacher and I like her challenges.
    By Mia 5L

12. Sumayah says:

In maths I’ve learnt all about percentages , fractions and multiplying fractions .
    WHAT IS 4/3 X 7 =
    HINT: Divide it and keep the denominator the same .

CHALLENGE !!!!!!!!!!
    WHAT IS 1 6/9 x 8 =
    I really love maths . Fact : Mrs Bain likes teaching fractions because you can think about food and she loves food ! We learn year 6 , 7 and sometimes year 8 .
    By Sumayah 5L

13. Sumayah says:

I like doing fractions and Mrs Bain’s maths group is so fun and I think Mrs Bains challenges are really tricky. We might nail the start of the maths lesson and find it easy but really when we get the next challenge we find it sooooo tricky and hard .

14. 0272012mb says:

I am in Miss Jarvis’s math’s group and I really enjoy it, we are always given a lot of challenges. We are learning about shapes and we also used compasses to draw circles.