This term we have been looking at justice and what makes something fair. We have discussed some very serious issues such as prejudice and discrimination, and looked closely at racism and the effect this can have on people and communities. Some of us have researched the history of apartheid and were very inspired by Martin Luther King’s famous speech ‘I Have A Dream’.

I’m really proud of 5L for being so sensible during these lessons and the fantastic contributions they made to our discussions.

Image result for martin luther king

Miss Lord x

10 Responses to R.E.

1. 0272012ob says:

I really enjoyed listening to Martin Luther Kings speech.It was really good.I leant aloud about Martin Luther king in that lesson Miss lord.Thank you.

2. Deepisha Blakeway says:

Wow, that are some very grown up conversations you have all been having. It is great to know that the school isn’t afraid to have these types of conversations, we have discussed Martin Luther King with Maddi in the past and I can imagine this is a topic she would enjoy.

I am so pleased reading this blog and I am very happy with the school. Well done Oxford Grove (”,)

3. Shan Saidi says:

I loved RE and listening to Martin Luther King and it really taught me a lesson on racism.

BY SHAN 5L!!!!!

4. Henry says:

This lesson kind of made me sad because black and white could not meet ;(.Well it was still enjoyable.

5. Mia says:

I really enjoyed this lesson I would be happy to do it again
    By Mia 5L

6. Tamanna says:

Martin Luther King was super brave to stand up for the black people . He taught me a big lesson not be mean to people because of their race.

7. 0272012ng says:

I would hate living in the olden days because I wouldn’t like to be kicked out from restaurants.

8. 0272012mb says:

I loved learning about Martin Luther Kings speech, I think he is a great man. Im so glad that his dream came true, even though racism is still happening it is a lot better and doesn’t happen as often.

9. Sumayah says:

I have had racist comments before and Martin luther King is so right . Just because we are all different colours that doesn’t mean we call them because they look like that . If a person is dark and the other is light I don’t treat the light person different to the dark person . I say no to racism and Martin Luther King is a role model to me .