Cross Curricular Maths – surface area Science

Today we investigated area of parachutes, we had to create parachutes of a given area. We are going to test which area of parachute stays in the air the longest. We will update you on our results when we have finished testing them.

14 Responses to Cross Curricular Maths – surface area Science

1. 0272012hh says:

I loved making the first half of the parachute it was so fun !!! First, we drew 10cm lines on bin bags Next we cut it out Then we cut holes in the bin bags corners. Finally,we put it in our trays to finish it off on Friday.

2. Felix says:

I’ll enjoy tomorrow because we shall make parachutes in class also I’m happy we have a teacher like mrs. Bain because she does the best science lessons in Oxford Grove Primary School but mostly she’s a very nice teacher.

3. Theon says:

I’m looking forward to the egg drop it is really fun making the parachutes I can’t wait to do the investigation

4. Hadi W says:

I really enjoyed making the parachute and now I am for the egg drop I will enjoy seeing the eggs splashing on the floor so hard and I will also enjoye seeing some surviving the danger of splashing.

5. Saarah says:

I enjoyed doing the measuring and the cutting. I’m sure I will like to do the threading and the rest. On Friday we are are going to finish the rest of the parachute. My partner was Daisy.

6. Hadi W says:

I really enjoyed making the parachute and now I am for the egg drop I will enjoy seeing the eggs splashing on the floor so hard and I will also enjoye seeing some surviving the danger of splashing. I am also looking forward to weighing the eggs.

7. Muhammad-Yousuf says:

I found the parachute drop very fun son I can’t wait for the egg drop. I wonder how fun the egg drop will be.

8. Jayden says:

Yesterday was the best day ever we got to make parachutes out of bin bags and string. We used a ruler to see how long you want the square we did 400cm2, 900cm2 and 1600cm2. We had to cut it out with scissors ✂️. The we had to do it 4 times.

9. Layland says:

This was the best day ever and we had to make a parachute out of a bin bag and string but we are finishing it off tomorrow. We are all excited for making our parachute. Mrs Bain does the best science in the hole school.

10. Tatiana says:

Yesterday we were making the parachutes and today we are finishing the parachutes then we will test them and see witch one stays the longest and witch one comes down first I am sooo eggsited lol. We have one of the best teacher Miss Bain .

Thank you Miss Bain and Miss Lord

11. Fatima says:

I really enjoyed this lesson where we made parachutes, I cant wait to fly the egg and see if it cracks.

12. Katie says:

I hope we have a great time when we finally make the parachutes and testing them out. I will enjoy making and testing the parachutes. Mrs Bain said we will make 4 of them 10cm,20cm ,30cm and 40cm.

13. Fatima says:

I really loved making parachutes, however I also liked when we practise them by froing them in the air. Miss Bain said we will make 4 of them 10cm,20cm,30cm and 40cm. We had lots of fun.Thank you Miss Bain and Miss Lord for letting us make the parachute!!!!:):)

By Fatima Akhtar

14. 0272012mb says:

wow, 5B you must have had a lot of fun making your parachutes, I know that 5L did. What was the length of your pachutes, and how many did you manage to do?