Wheelchair basketball

Today the people from Go Kids Go came to visit us and we took part in some activities using a wheelchair! We also learned about some of the difficulties wheelchair users might face and how we can offer our help if we think it is needed.

Did you enjoy this year 4? Did you learn anything new?

Mrs McPhail

11 Responses to Wheelchair basketball

1. 0272013ar says:

My favourite part was the 1 bit.

2. 0272013mb says:

My favourite part was the catching activity because we got to do wheelies!

3. 0272013zs says:

The wheelchair basketball was awesome.My favourite part was when we did the wheelchair dance.What was your favourite part?I was thinking if I would be in the last three for one game.And I actually did then I was so proud of myself.When we did do the basketball it was really hard to go fast in the game.The hardest part was when you had to go to the last person in a quick time.

4. 0272013ma says:

On the 5th March,the wheelchair basketball came to our school to do some different activities. My favourite part was the wheelchair dance because I really like the moves and the music.

5. 0272013ra says:

I❤️the wheelchairs and the dancing it was very very good and organizeable

6. 0272013gp says:

I really enjoyed it. I learn that it’s not always fun to be in a wheelchair there are some difficulty’s like:cobblestone paths,curbs and stairs. Some people in my class got to do wheelies. We did dancing but in wheelchairs. We played a bit of throwing and caching. We also at the very start played a game we had to cross the hall without getting caught still in wheelchairs. I loved it.❤️

7. 0272013mb says:

The hardest part was the ball catching, I had to move so fast to catch up with the ball!

8. 0272013ag says:

Now I will ask people in wheel chair if they need help then just come saying come on lets go.

9. 0272013ws says:

This activity was marvellous because now I will know how to ride a wheelchair in the tense

10. 0272013gp says:

It was so exiting I loved it my favourite part was when we did dancing

11. 0272013hd says:

I loved the experience of being in a wheelchair. I understand how hard it is in the life of a wheelchair