Year 4 DT

Year 4 have started their new DT topic which is all about lighthouses!

Our design brief is to make Mr Grinley (from the lighthouse keepers lunch book) a new lighthouse because his old one is falling down!

Image result for mr grimley lighthouse

So far we have researched Henry Winstanley and found out that he designed and built the Eddystone lighthouse.

Yesterday, we researched lighthouses. What are they used for?

We can’t wait to design our own and start building them! Don’t forget to collect lots of recycling at home especially newspaper!

Miss Longmore

7 Responses to Year 4 DT

1. Husna says:

Lighthouses are towers that warn ships or boats that there are rocks nearby.

2. Fatima says:

I think lighthouses are used for warning ships to not crash. So far I have loved learning about lighthouses. My partner for D. T is Ayan. I can’t wait to make the lighthouse.

3. Lewis says:

In this lesson we watched a video clip the video was about grimley and some seegulls came to steel his lunch

4. 0272013ac3 says:

I’m really looking forward to building lighthouses! I really enjoyed learning about lighthouses in topic!

5. Alizah says:

Lighthouses are used for ships or so they van find there way home

6. 0272013sd says:

I really love that story I can’t wait to build a lighthouse for the keeper.

7. 0272013zg says:

I loved making the lighthouse because we got to paint it or cut or tape something and did you know that Henry Winstanley built the first ever lighthouse! Also the story name above which is The Lighthouse Keepers Lunch was also a great story.The story is that the keeeper works in his lighthouse and the keeper’s wife sends some food for the keeper but 3 pigeons come and eat it all… you might know all of the story in year4L