The Great Fidget Spinner Debate

Today, we have been learning how to debate. We have worked on our speaking and presenting skills, and come up with different points to persuade the audience of our point of view. We worked in talking partners to practise our presentation skills.

We also worked on our understanding of British Values, as we showed mutual respect with speaking and listening, and tolerance of other people’s opinions.

Year 3 – tell me whether you think fidget spinners should be banned in school! 

Remember, you have to make your point and then back it up with some more detail or evidence. Use these sentence starters and conclusion starters to improve your sentences:

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to The Great Fidget Spinner Debate

1. Attila says:

In Oxford Grove we shouldn’t ban fidget spinners because sometimes when you have stress and when you have a fidget spinner in your pocket you could get it out and spin it for about 2 minutes then you might calm down. Then you put it back and you will concentrate harder.

2. Thomas R says:

I believe fidget spinners should be banned because you will not focus on your work.

3. Thomas R says:

Fidget spinners should be confiscated because if you don’t then everyone one will bring them.

4. Thomas R says:

Fidget spinners should be banned because they are distracting.

5. Mace says:

I agree that the fidget spinners are distracting for people trying to work.

6. 0272013ar says:

There is no doubt that fidget spinners should not be banned because if your bored then you can spin it.

7. Harley says:

I think fidgit spinners should be banned in school because they are distracting and you will not concentrate . What do you think? Do you think that fidget spinners should be banned or the opposite of that?

8. Amama says:

Clearly fidget spinners distract people in there learning.

9. Miss Harvey says:

I am really interested in this debate. I look forward to reading more points of view.

10. 0272013mg says:

I agree that fidget spinners should be banned because it may cause a lot of children to become easily distracted from their work.

11. 0272013mg says:

Everybody knows that fidget spinners are very noisy and you should not bring them anyway to school.

12. 0272013ss says:

The fact is that fidget spinner should not be allowed in school because the fidget spinner can be annoying.

13. 0272013mm1 says:

In oxford Grove we don’t bring fidget spinners to school because they are stres and dangerous. Once when we had a assembly about not bringing fidget spinners to school and some people in school bring them and got broken the Bering come out.If your friend brings it and its the same you might have the wrong one.But people loved fidget spinners more than fidget Cube.Fidget spinners are toys so don’t bring them other wise it might get stolen your teacher might see it and ceep it. It will be realaxing if the cool fidget spinners were not banned we can play tricks and we can see how’s fidget spinners goes faster and louder s. I believe that fidget spinners should not be banned because they are fun toys.

14. Ayan says:

I. Believe. Fidget. Spinners. Should Be. Banned. Because. If. Someone. Had. A. Fidget. Spinner The. Other. Person. Would. Get. Annoyed. So. Don,t. Bring. Fidget. Spinners. In. School.

15. Nicole says:

Fidgets Spinners are funny, however they also can be dangerous .

16. 0272013tr says:

Fidget spinners should be banned in school as they distract pupils from learning in lessons.

17. Nicole says:

I agree, because if we take fidgets spinners to school the student can get distracted in lessons and they are dangerous because it could hurt a friend by spinning it.

18. Andreea-Elisa says:

Surely I think fidget spinners should be banned in the school because you can’t do your work , you can’t focus on your learning!!!

19. 0272013ra says:

I love ❤️ fridget spinner however they should be banned because it can distract pupils so they cannot learn.

20. Husna says:

If you took fidget spinners into school, every minute you would get it out and spin it. It will annoy the teachers and will stop you from focusing on your work. I think fidget spinners should be banned in school.

21. Harvey B says:

Figet spinners should be banned because they can cause a lot of hassle in the school

22. Jack says:

I agree that fidget spinner should be banned because fidget spinner could go in your eye!

23. 0272013fr says:

of course fidget spinners should be banned because students will not concentrate on their school work

24. Amama says:

I agree because they are annoying for the teachers.The fidget spinners relive stress so that is not a bad idea but I still think the fidget spinner should be still banned from school.If you bring your fidget spinner into school it mite get lost or it will broke.For example it will cost sixty pounds and you buy it then you bring it to school and you give it to a friend it falled down and it was broken.Thats why I agree.

25. Suranne says:

. Play time
    . Lesson
    It is clear that you can play with a fidget spinner at play time.
    The fact is you should have a fidget spinner in lessons because it releases stress
    By Suranne

26. Husnain Ali says:

I think figit spinners should be banned in school because it will put children off their learning because their minds will be focused on the figit spinner instead of their studies.
    I also think if the children in nursery or reception class play with the figit spinners they could put it in their mouth and. The small metal circle an easily come out they can get stuck in the kids mouth they are dangers figit spinners aswell they come in all designs nowadays.

27. 0272013mm says:

fidget spinners are banned because

they can disturb your work.

28. 0272013mm says:

fidget spinner are banned becuse are noisy

29. 0272013mg says:

It is clear that fidget spinners should not be in school because if you are next to the fidget spinner it could make everyone look at the fidget spinner not there work.

30. Mischa says:

I think fidget spinners should be allowed because they relieve stress.

31. Rayyan says:

I think fidget spinners should be allowed in school because it can reduce stress to people

32. Husna's Mummy says:

Some great comments here. Both side sides have interesting points.

33. Husnain Ali mum says:

I agree on most of the childrens comments and what their views may be regarding figit spinners.
    The Toy is a fun gadget and kids can have a lot of fun but my opinion also is that it should not be taken in school or played with during school time.
    Really great points made by the children!

34. Husna says:

If someone brought in a fidget, it will distract the teachers and the day after that more children will bring in fidgets and so on.